Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   See what I did (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/see-what-i-did-t8572.html)

Chele 06-29-2008 04:19 AM

How beautiful! You have such talent at this, Jackie! I need to quit procrastinating and get into the "box" of tops to send you. Can't I just send the whole box?!! :oops:

sandpat 06-29-2008 04:22 AM

Wow, beautiful quilting! You did a great job!

mouse 06-29-2008 05:17 AM

Jackie, you sure have choosen the right profession. You sure do show
a passion for the great look of a perfectly quilted, quilt. Awesome
job!

ccbear66 06-29-2008 05:22 AM

Another great one. Each one that you show us looks beautiful. You do amazing work and anyone would be proud to have you quilt their quilt top.

beachlady 06-29-2008 05:57 AM

Jackie, such a nice job. You are a perfectionist, aren't you? It shows in your work. Still need to get out my quilt I want you to do - it is buried somewhere.

jacquemoe 06-29-2008 06:13 AM

:oops: :oops: Awww, you all are so nice with the compliments. I think I'm coming along and I still have issues with a lot of things but it's a fun challenge to work them out. The progress seems so slooowww. I post them for feedback because you can probably see my progress better than I can. Sometimes I wish I had a computer to do the quilting for me because I want everything to come out perfect but that would take the fun out of doing it myself. THANKS EVERYONE!

Butterflyspain 06-29-2008 06:29 AM

Absolutely perfect. :thumbup: Loved it. What beautiful work you have achieved.

How long have you been quilting?????

Elle

Dawn Hendrix 06-29-2008 06:30 AM

WOW...Simply beautiful job Jackie!!!! So are you open for business yet?

jacquemoe 06-29-2008 06:39 AM

How long did it take me? That's a hard question to answer. Getting the equipment prepared to pinning the layers to the frame...........well, I take my time doing that (about an hour). Then there's the brain work. Trying to figure out what to do where and how to do it can take a long time because I want to do my best to enhance the quilt top, not take away from it. I need to learn a lot more about that. The actual sewing? This one took me 3 days of several hours each day. How detailed do you want me to get? LOL Thread breaks, moving the quilt back and forth to different positions, bobbins run out, special use of some foam rubber with each move and, for heaven's sake, should I have to take stitching out..............Now that's a nightmare and that takes FOREVER! One tiny little thread on one of the tracks can cause you to lose control and start getting bumps where you don't want them, then you have to stop, move the machine away from the quilt and clean all the tracks AGAIN, stop and oil the mahcine every 2 hours. Shall I continue? I think you're getting the picture. Probably more than you wanted to know. Getting the idea why the cost seems so high? If we got paid by the hour, a lot of us probably only would be making about $5.00 an hour, less our overhead costs.

Cordelia 06-29-2008 06:52 AM

That is beautiful quilting. You jus tripled the value of that piece!

You should see the beautiful work my quilter does for me.

I should post pics ...