Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Seven Finishes! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/seven-finishes-t303357.html)

sewbizgirl 03-03-2019 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8219502)
What a haul...you have been productive, SBG! Wonderful finishes. And how special your dear friend can see her tops quilted.

And your FMQ is coming along beautifully!

Thank you, OK!

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8219514)
Wow, you have been busy! They all look lovely! I recognize the 9-patches from our swap. :)

Yes, that's where they are from. This is the second quilt I've made with those 9Ps and I still have enough for at least 2 more quilts!

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8219525)
Look at the color! My goodness, you've been putting pedal to the metal! I like your hungry caterpillar and butterfly.

And your friend's last quilt pictured--please share the pattern. I love it!

My friend gave me all the fabrics in the Hungry Caterpillar quilt, too. She doesn't usually quilt by pattern, but she loves Jenny Doan's tutorials. You might find it there. Or if not, it's really just a variation of the Bento Box pattern.

Originally Posted by sue.ross.8782 (Post 8219584)
You are a remarkably creative and prolific quilter. Thanks for sharing all these delightful quilts with us.:o

Thank you, Sue!

jmoore 03-03-2019 06:08 PM

Great work SBG. What is the organization you donate your quilts to? I’m sure they are appreciative of your work. I think it is wonderful that you are able to help your 90 yo friend with her quilts. Your a great friend.

Jingle 03-03-2019 06:22 PM

Beautiful quilts and quilting. You both did great on those quilts.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 03-03-2019 06:25 PM

Good job on all of them. Cool quilts.

sewbizgirl 03-03-2019 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8219665)
Great work SBG. What is the organization you donate your quilts to? I’m sure they are appreciative of your work. I think it is wonderful that you are able to help your 90 yo friend with her quilts. Your a great friend.

Thank you. Ours is a church group, but we have several members from other churches in the area. We donate locally only. We support the organ transplant unit at a local hospital, as well as children's shelter homes that are run by our church. Those are our mainstays, but sometimes we do extra things too... like pillowcases for the women's shelter and dresses for missionary trips to Central and South America and Haiti. Anywhere mission trips go, we can send dresses for the children.

Our group of about 12-15 active members has been doing this for 10 years now, and we have donated over 2000 quilt in that time. It's amazing what just a few dedicated people can accomplish.

Nothing is ever mailed off. It's all hand-to-hand delivery, which makes me feel much better about everything I give. Lots of prayers go with our quilts.

The name of our group is Love, Piece and Joy Quilters. My 90 yo friend gave us that name when she started the group.

RedGarnet222 03-03-2019 11:25 PM

Dang girl! Your on a roll, keep going and sewing. I would love to finish up some of my pile of almost there quilts. Hubby got me a few more battings, so hopefully soon. But first, two projects I have started and need to follow though to the end.

busy fingers 03-03-2019 11:55 PM

What wonderful work by you and all the other members of your group. Well done.

Cheesehead 03-04-2019 04:21 AM

Wonderful quilts and great quilting! Love how you quilted the 9 patch quilt!

Nanjun 03-04-2019 04:28 AM

Absoluetly! All are perfect.

bneuen 03-04-2019 04:56 AM

These are great!