Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing Room Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-room-help-t63624.html)

Bmanmommy 09-07-2010 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok all, I think I need an intervention. Hubby is not one to yell, cuss, or really say much of anything about my quilting but today was a different story. I have a quilt room, although it isn't much...or very big. I also have quilt projects scattered throughout the entire house. Today hubby lost it. He told me if I didn't confine my quilting to 1 room then I was in big trouble. Also, he is wanting to list our place so I can't have my "crap" (as he called it) everywhere.

I am hopeful that if I post this here that it will motivate me and keep me on track so I don't get distracted trying to get everything cleaned up. Also, any suggestions anyone has would be wonderful for organization. Thanks

Before 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113408[/ATTACH]

Before 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113409[/ATTACH]

Grammy o'5 09-07-2010 07:33 PM

Uh oh! Looks like you have a start with those bins. How much time do you have?
If he's listing the house ... I would just start boxing or putting into bins things I may not need until after the house is sold.
Or if you are downsizing, starts selling and/or donating what you think you won't use.
Just start in one spot and keep going . . . after all, you can't eat the whole watermelon in one bite! :thumbup:
Good luck! keep us posted! :thumbup:

butterflywing 09-07-2010 07:35 PM

if you're downsizing, you're in deep doo-doo.

Bmanmommy 09-07-2010 07:35 PM

I forgot to mention the closet is full too.

Bmanmommy 09-07-2010 07:36 PM

We don't know where we are going yet. Hubby wants out of the city. He grew up in the country and misses it. I prefer city life so we are going to try and find something somewhere in between.

NancyG 09-07-2010 07:39 PM

You need some cubbies, and get the bed outta there so you can move around. Go through your inventory and purge...keeping only what you can't live without☺

dkabasketlady 09-07-2010 07:41 PM

I'd get rid of the bed first. It'll give you more room to organize the rest of your stash!!!

virtualbernie 09-07-2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
if you're downsizing, you're in deep doo-doo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim's Gem 09-07-2010 08:07 PM

If you really want to keep the bed, but won't be using it any time soon, you can lean it against the wall on it's side and you will have all that floor space to work with.

Another thought is to organize it in some boxes that will fit under the bed. You can find risers that will lift the bed 5 - 7 inches maybe more so you have room to store underneath.

mzsooz 09-07-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
If you really want to keep the bed, but won't be using it any time soon, you can lean it against the wall on it's side and you will have all that floor space to work with.

And then put a flannel fitted sheet on it and walla.....design wall!