Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing room or NOT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-room-not-t34061.html)

2 Doods 01-13-2010 02:07 PM

Fun to have the choice though! And if you ever need to hide away, you know it is there!

STAR 01-13-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by sew_lulu

Originally Posted by STAR
LOVE that cabinet!!! I can understand, I personally like to be left alone when quilting I get more done. But when it comes to doing others things I like to be around everyone. so if you do your best work in the family room so be it!

Thanks! I too love my sewing table! I told him that was why I married him! :lol:

LOL!!

Marjpf 01-13-2010 02:58 PM

Love the cabinet. I sew in a dedicated room that my family now calls the black hole - I go in and lose all track of time. I can sure see that with a young one around it's better to be where the action is. Besides - they do grow too quickly.

sew_lulu 01-13-2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Love the cabinet. I sew in a dedicated room that my family now calls the black hole - I go in and lose all track of time. I can sure see that with a young one around it's better to be where the action is. Besides - they do grow too
quickly.

Thanks! I believe he said it was cherry wood.

littlehud 01-13-2010 06:17 PM

I would love to have a sewing room, but DGD lives with me so it won't be happening. But I would miss the times she sits at her little table and I sit at my sewing machine cabinet and we sew together. My own sewing room will come someday, but I wouldn't miss these times for anything. For now just keep sewing downstairs and know you can use that room later.

Mousie 01-13-2010 06:40 PM

I completely understand! I have an 11 x 15 room and rather sew in living room. It's great to have all my stuff in the s. room though. nice room when/if you ever change your mind, but we quilters get choices, right?
We make them, and take them :wink:

Blockhead 01-13-2010 06:45 PM

I have a brilliant space, set up as a sewing room and I do lose myself in there, getting a surprise when hubby gets home from work and I think it's only lunchtime!

I do keep my treadles in the living area though, and use them there. Besides, they look pretty enough to keep there even when not being used.

Quiltntime 01-13-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by sew_lulu

Originally Posted by STAR
LOVE that cabinet!!! I can understand, I personally like to be left alone when quilting I get more done. But when it comes to doing others things I like to be around everyone. so if you do your best work in the family room so be it!

Thanks! I too love my sewing table! I told him that was why I married him! :lol:

You made an excellent choice in a hubby. Nice to have a DH that's into woodworking. He understands why it's important to have a hobby.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Candace 01-13-2010 09:26 PM

Ha! Great room. I escape as often as I'm able to my own room. Of course, I've got 2 teenagers to escape FROM. I must not be the only woman who hides whenever I can!

ranger 01-14-2010 03:38 AM

I can understand. I have an extra bedroom that I could turn into a sewing room but I prefer the dining room....it's just off the living area and kitchen and I like to sew while meals are cooking. My dog keeps me company there....he won't go in the bedroom.