Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-room-t250117.html)

KwiltyKahy 07-14-2014 06:18 PM

I have heard it said that a tidy space means the sewing machine is broken. My room is that full but not that organized. Maybe next year LOL

coopah 07-14-2014 06:23 PM

That room looks cozy and organized to your liking. Way to go! Life is too short to live in a magazine type room. IMHO

grammysharon 07-14-2014 08:28 PM

It is wonderful to have a space that you love!! I think it makes us better quilter's and I know it makes us happy!!!!

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6800704)
Looks very welcoming to me.

jo bauer 07-14-2014 09:49 PM

Be still my beating heart. When can I move in? My fabric is in one room, my machine in another, and the accuquilt and cutting table in still another. ARGH!

nanac 07-14-2014 11:11 PM

What a great idea to suspend the ladders from the ceiling to hang things on! I say, whatever makes you happy is what counts, not what others say or think. I have to tell you though, I like your comment about things not going back in the "right " place. My kids have an on-going crusade to keep my quilts/stash organized, but I'd say it is a losing battle. I always know exactly what I am looking for, and when they move things around, I can never find it. But, when they leave it alone, I can find that exact piece of fabric I am looking for. I figure they can organize to their hearts' content when I die, and then other quilters can "shop around"

gabeway 07-15-2014 05:07 AM

Really warm and comfy.

Barbara Kantola 07-15-2014 07:22 AM

Thank you for sharing your space! It looks wonderfully cozy and well-used! And that's exactly the purpose of sewing/quilting rooms!

fxsts93kf 07-15-2014 09:19 AM

Judy, you truly are blessed! That's why it's called "my sewing room", because it's the place that best shows who we are at heart. It's filled with things you love and that make you happy and content. That's what quilting is all about for me. I love your room!

lalaland 07-15-2014 09:20 AM

I'll tell you a secret about my sewing room. When I posted pictures, I took all the clutter and put it in the garage so my room would look neat as a pin. Then I moved it all back in and the chaos that normally occupies my sewing space 24/7 was once again intact. I love your space. In my old house the family room was my favorite room to sew. We had converted one of the bedrooms into a sewing room but I felt isolated and lonely so moved a machine into the family room. At our new house I have a dedicated space for all my stuff with lots of windows and light and a view of the cows in the pasture next door. I need to get my quilts and stuff mounted on the walls like you did so I can enjoy them too!

omacookie 07-15-2014 09:26 AM

I would feel right at home in YOUR ROOM ! Hugs