Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Shopping - I need a new keeper! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shopping-i-need-new-keeper-t16039.html)

Roben 01-31-2009 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hubby and I went shopping today, and made our usual Saturday stops at our favorite quilt shops. He's supposed to be my keeper, keeping me from buying too much - but I think I need a new keeper. The two blue pieces at the top of the picture are his! Our girl just had to show him the new blues that came in, knowing he has been collecting blues - and between the shelves and the cutting table, one yard of each became two :lol:

Being the dutiful good wife that I am, I only spent the same amount at the next store we went to - but I managed to get 8 yards of the mauve fabrics for my $$. :wink: Will he ever learn? LOL

The mauve fabrics are actually from a line of Christmas fabrics, but I'm thinking they'll make some cheery placemats and table runner for spring. I couldn't resist the panels and coordinates for some quick table runners, and found a couple of great books at the Half Price bookstore Now if I could just find some more time, I'll be all set!

sewnsewer2 01-31-2009 08:46 PM

:lol: You poor thing, good thing my hubby golfs and doesn't quilt or I'd me in a mess of trouble! Great fabrics!

sharon b 01-31-2009 10:03 PM

Very Pretty fabric ! Don't you just love the sales this time of the year ! :lol:

Polly C 02-01-2009 05:18 AM

My DH has a hotrod. He just spent $2100 for a new tranny so I have a loooong way to go. I never feel guilty for what I spend on quilting!When he bought it it was painted emerald green metalic. Told him I needed an emerald too so he bought me a lovely emerald ring! He NEVER says anything about what I spend!!

Bevanger 02-01-2009 05:45 AM

Beautiful fabs :D

tlrnhi 02-01-2009 06:12 AM

Great finds you have there!
Great hubby too! Definitely a keeper!

Mplsgirl 02-01-2009 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Polly C
My DH has a hotrod. He just spent $2100 for a new tranny so I have a loooong way to go. I never feel guilty for what I spend on quilting!When he bought it it was painted emerald green metalic. Told him I needed an emerald too so he bought me a lovely emerald ring! He NEVER says anything about what I spend!!

Hotrod in this family, too (1936 3 window Ford). It's great isn't it? Once when I was into doll houses I told him I wanted a big one for Christmas. He said, sure, but don't you want something more practical? I said, "Maybe you're right. Let's go out and sit in the hotrod and talk about it." Enuf said.

I think it's wonderful to have a hubby who loves material!!!

sandpat 02-01-2009 06:32 AM

Great fabrics...great deals and a great hubby to boot! You are 1 lucky girl!

pocoellie 02-01-2009 07:44 AM

At least he doesn't complain like my dh. He says I have too much fabric!!Impossible!!!!!!

Polly C 02-01-2009 07:50 AM

Pam,
Once when we were planning a trip to KS to our DD & family I asked that we stop at a certain quilt shop on the way down. He asked "what's in it for me?". I said "carbureators" cause that was what he was wanting at the time. We stopped!! A girls gotta use whatever she can to get what she wants - right?