Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Shopping spree at Hobby Lobby! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shopping-spree-hobby-lobby-t32655.html)

crkathleen 12-30-2009 12:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I went into hobby lobby after work the other day (I work right next to it! I have to keep myself out of that store. haha)
There is only one reason I go in there and that is to look at the clearance items, fabric and notions ect.. I've gotten some killer deals there. Quilting frame and extention for around 4 bucks ect... Well I was looking at the books and came across some latch hook rug patterns. I opened them up and looked at the patterns. It kinda reminds me of watercolor quilts. So I picked them up. I spent a whole 34 cents! They were 16 cents each. I hope I'm not violating any copyright laws by showing the opened pattern.
Has anyone ever used a latch hook pattern to make a quilt top?

paintedquilt 12-30-2009 01:06 PM

No, but I think if you scanned and then printed them you could make applique pieces from the different sections. Depending on the size you wanted, you could have them inlarged

Margie 12-30-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by crkathleen
I went into hobby lobby after work the other day (I work right next to it! I have to keep myself out of that store. haha)
There is only one reason I go in there and that is to look at the clearance items, fabric and notions ect.. I've gotten some killer deals there. Quilting frame and extention for around 4 bucks ect... Well I was looking at the books and came across some latch hook rug patterns. I opened them up and looked at the patterns. It kinda reminds me of watercolor quilts. So I picked them up. I spent a whole 34 cents! They were 16 cents each. I hope I'm not violating any copyright laws by showing the opened pattern.

NOW THERE IS a shopping spree budget that would make my husband happy lol. Great shopping!! I cant help with your question though, sorry.

Margie

rootyr 12-30-2009 03:25 PM

Nice!

Shemjo 12-30-2009 03:27 PM

I LOVE Hobby Lobby clearance items! Aren't they fun!

Ninnie 12-30-2009 04:03 PM

One of my favorite Stores!!

amma 12-30-2009 04:10 PM

I can see exactly what you are talking about :D:D:D
There is a woman who sells a program that breaks down photos in squares...this is the same theory :wink: Each pixel in a picture is blown up to represent a square, just like in these patterns :D:D:D
You are very very creative and very very hooked on quilting too, we can tell how hooked we are, when we see a new pattern in unlikely places 8-)8-)8-)

sewjoyce 12-30-2009 06:13 PM

I do see the possibilities!! If you cut one patch for each little square, it would be just beautiful!!! :D AND a big challenge!! But I love the kitty pattern.... :D

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-30-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I can see exactly what you are talking about :D:D:D
There is a woman who sells a program that breaks down photos in squares...this is the same theory :wink: Each pixel in a picture is blown up to represent a square, just like in these patterns :D:D:D

My thoughts exactly! It will be a photo quilt!

Sheree from Chicago 12-30-2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by crkathleen

What a great idea! We have a Hobby Lobby here in Chicago. Great seasonal decorations department.