Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Should I keep on with this quilt??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/should-i-keep-quilt-t36865.html)

oldswimmer 02-14-2010 09:19 AM

How did you do the center? The yellow flower. Is it appliqued? I saw somthing similar recently, and the part that looks like your yellow was some how folded to make the petals. What is the name of this block, and does it use that "folded" techinque?
I do like your colors... I think they would be awesome. But is it a hard and/or frustrating block to make? I wanted to take the class for the block that I saw, but decided I wasnt ready for that challenge yet. Best of success to you in whatever you decide, and be sure to show us the results!

Boston1954 02-14-2010 09:47 AM

I would keep going with the blocks and put some yellow sashing in between them to pull it together.

Where is Ashdown? I am in Oklahoma, just 18 SW of Fort Smith, AR.

chewboo 02-14-2010 10:38 AM

i sse nothing wrong with it i live the colors

#1piecemaker 02-14-2010 12:55 PM

It is laying alright and is fun to make. I just wondered if it was too gawdy looking with the colors I picked?

#1piecemaker 02-14-2010 12:56 PM

Ashdown is mid way between DeQueen and Texarkana. We are in Southwest Arkansas.

#1piecemaker 02-14-2010 01:02 PM

The block is all sewn. You sew in a row. There are eight yellow petals and 8 striped petals. The yellow ones are sewn onto the striped ones.Then you sew them together to form a circle. Then you sew them onto the middle yellow circle, foling the yellow petals on each corner to where the eges of the striped pieces meet. Am I confusing you yet? The name of the block is Golden Glow and is fund in the Better Homes and Gardens New Patchwork and Quilting Book. Once you get the hang of it, it is really fairly simple to sew by hand. I don't know if I would even try to tackle it on a machine.

#1piecemaker 02-14-2010 01:03 PM

The block is all sewn. You sew in a row. There are eight yellow petals and 8 striped petals. The yellow ones are sewn onto the striped ones.Then you sew them together to form a circle. Then you sew them onto the middle yellow circle, folding the yellow petals on each corner to where the eges of the striped pieces meet. Am I confusing you yet? The name of the block is Golden Glow and is fund in the Better Homes and Gardens New Patchwork and Quilting Book. Once you get the hang of it, it is really fairly simple to sew by hand. I don't know if I would even try to tackle it on a machine.

Diamonds 02-14-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
Ashdown is mid way between DeQueen and Texarkana. We are in Southwest Arkansas.

You are very close to me... We should do lunch sometime this summer...
:lol:

springtime 02-14-2010 01:59 PM

I agree that your colors are perfect for sunflowers! I think it will make a lovely quilt. You are braver than I. It looks complicated.
Blessings.

skpkatydid 02-14-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Love2Quilt
I think it looks fine. I also think with some yellow shashing from the inner flower it would look lovely as a pillow covering

I agree. And not just a pillow but a whole quilt.