Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Singer 301 A Beauty~Her name is "SMOKEY" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/singer-301-beauty%7Eher-name-%22smokey%22-t105024.html)

tomilu 03-04-2011 06:21 PM

She looks like brand new, lol. You will love sewing on her.

quilter711 03-04-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Sue
I have a chance to purchase one of these for $125. Wasn't sure if that was a good price. No cabinet or case, just the machine, but she has been completely serviced & runs perfectly. Should I get her?

Bluebonnet, if you really want it and have the money, I would go for it. I am going a little crazy over these machines. Maybe you better get another opinion 8-) I am spending more money since I purchased the machine. I needed to re-wire everything and purchase a part that was not correct. I am looking into a walking foot and FM foot. So I think you might have additional expenses beside just the machine. Hope your bug is not as serious as mine. Good luck with your decision.

Nancy

pab58 03-04-2011 06:32 PM

WOW!!!!! Beautiful!!! Smokey looks lovely!! :thumbup:

humbird 03-04-2011 06:36 PM

I have a cabinet just like this! Only mine has my very old Necchi in it. Originally had a singer. Mother replaced it for the Necchi. Not sure why. She gave it to me many many years ago! It has a stool that you can remove the seat top and has a bit of storage there. I love mine. My mother purchased it new, porbably about 60 years ago. And, I bet she was MADE IN AMERICA!!

Bluebonnet Sue 03-04-2011 06:37 PM

Already have a Singer 15- & a 201. Just love these girls & how they hum to me when we work together. Music to my ears.

quilter711 03-04-2011 06:38 PM

pab58, look at that baby in your avatar - so sweet. She can sew on my machine anytime or lay on my table and purr!

Nancy

quilter711 03-04-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by humbird
I have a cabinet just like this! Only mine has my very old Necchi in it. Originally had a singer. Mother replaced it for the Necchi. Not sure why. She gave it to me many many years ago! It has a stool that you can remove the seat top and has a bit of storage there. I love mine. My mother purchased it new, porbably about 60 years ago. And, I bet she was MADE IN AMERICA!!

Humbird, I have no seat that came with it. How lucky you are to have something of your Mom's. The person that I purchased the machine from used the cabinet for a desk and knew nothing about sewing. She had no history of the machine. I do miss this part of owning an older machine.

Nancy

quilter711 03-04-2011 08:55 PM

I would like to thank you all for looking. I appreciate your compliments and well wishes with "Smokey". Have a great sewing weekend :)

Peace & Blessings,
Nancy

Annaquilts 03-04-2011 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome! She looks in great shape. I have a similar cabinet with a slightly different 301. the picture is from when she arived. She is a wonderful machine. Enjoy.

carrie glover12586 03-05-2011 03:39 AM

I have one just like it,bought it in 1957. Still going and has traved to quilting with me.