Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Slide show for quilt pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/slide-show-quilt-pictures-t3286.html)

SewSew2 11-23-2007 05:15 AM

After looking at each ones quilts I would like to make a suggestion of taking all your quilts picture and place as a Power Point slide show.

I placed all my quilts on a Power Point slide show plus wrote who in the family has it. I started making quilts about three years ago and after I put them on a slide show I was able to see the improvements I have made. What is neat you now have all quilt pictures or other items you have made in one place. You can even send to others or make a CD for family or friends.

If you do not know how to make a slide show.... find a 12 or 13 year old and most know how to put one together as they have learned how to in school. My granddaughter has been making slide shows for the last two years and the little snip can now make my slide shows look bleak.

One does not have to have the Microsoft Power Point program to view slide shows. Microsoft has a free viewer you can download, then you are able to view any slide show you receive. Really a neat download as you can view many slide shows that others have made with different pictures.

This is just a suggestion and I am sure most of you are way ahead of me on ways to save your quilt pictures. I would like to hear what some of you have done with pictures of your quilts.
Thanks to all for sharing your beautiful work with others.
Beth

barnbum 11-23-2007 05:53 AM

That's a great idea!

I have a website for my horses--so since I was in control and could do as I please (how liberating! :D ) I added a page of some of my quilts.

Here it is if anyone's interested: http://www.littlechurchminis.com/quilts.html

My 5th graders are very good at Power Point. :!:

SewSew2 11-23-2007 06:02 AM

Love your quilts.....enjoyed seeing each of them. Now you can get all your quilts on a slide show made by your 5th grader. The quilt I saw certainly need pictures saved some where.

I have enjoyed my journey in making quilt tops....most of all I have meet many wonderful sharing people.

Knot Sew 11-23-2007 11:11 AM

Barnbum, I love the rag quilts too.............but your little horses are wonderful...........I have always been a little afrAID OF big horses, but those are so sweet..........makes you want to hug them........lucky you :D

annmarie 11-23-2007 12:09 PM

OH My Gosh - what a wonderful website!! Your quilts are lovely and the horses are AWESOME. I don't know how you can bear to part with them. Thanks so much for sharing.

barnbum 11-23-2007 02:16 PM

My horses bring me great joy! They are a LOT of work--at least 2 hours a day--365 days a year, but it's my choice. I had a horse in high school and waited years to get more. So--at age 41 I got a big horse--then another, but the big horses intimidated me, so I switched to minis--then got the mares bred--then got a stallion--and then fillies, and more fillies. :D I love the foaling out part--and getting babies ready for a new home. I am very very careful about who I sell to--so that makes it better. So far I've only sold one. I cried days before she left, but not the day of. Her new owners love her and keep me updated.

Thanks for peeking!!! :D

Ruth--I see you live in NY--you're welcome anytime!! :!: :!:

Jerrie 11-24-2007 01:41 PM

Your quilts are lovely

Feathers 11-24-2007 06:45 PM

Barnbum:
I loved your quilts but loved your baby horses, too. Our daughter-in-law and her family raised miniature horses in California for years. They were delightful.

Feathers

RannyJ 11-25-2007 08:06 AM

Your pictures and your farm are beautiful! I also make quilts for hugs for those in need, but what I learned from your site is I am selling my quilts at a way too low price!

How you find time to do all you do is amazing!

barnbum 11-25-2007 08:47 AM

RannyJ--my quilter gave me some prices--but the two she said I should ask $800 for are keepers. I made up prices for the others based on what I thought they were worth--with time and materials. I've never sold more than a wall hanging and about 10 Talk-About-Quilts. I sure wish more would sell. The one log cabin is huge--so I thought I'd raise the price on that one. So hard to sell quilts--we can never get what we put into them. :(