Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   sneak peek at a Triple Irish Chain in progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-peek-triple-irish-chain-progress-t274039.html)

barnbum 01-03-2016 06:50 AM

sneak peek at a Triple Irish Chain in progress

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to get it started before I head back to school tomorrow and my quilting time is diminished. :)

Only four blocks done, but everything is cut and the first strip sets are together. It'll be easy to work on even if I only have 10-30 minutes at a time until the weekend rolls around.

I spent a long time pondering the fabrics to go with the focus fabric. I don't have quite enough of the rust batik, but have another that will blend in okay; I'll mix it in. Even as I sewed strip sets together I questioned the positioning, but now I love love love it. I love how the batik adds different colors/shades. The floral focus fabric is one of my all time favorites--such a joy to work with. I actually contacted P&B Fabrics to try to find more. They sent a list of all the fabric shops in the US that bought the whole line. I made many contacts and found a shop in Washington state with 4 yards. I told you I loved it. lol

This is the second TIC from this collection. The first was posted a few months ago. That one was given to a friend, this one's a keeper. :o

Feline fanatic--if you see a custom quilting idea for this--it's yours to quilt. If you think a panto is the way to go, I'll get it done by Carriage House Quilts.

Rebecca_S 01-03-2016 07:16 AM

I can see why you love the focus fabric, it has a lovely painting feel!

Abby'smom 01-03-2016 07:50 AM

:thumbup: wow-- what gorgeous fabrics and bright colors -- this will be a winner!!

Monika 01-03-2016 07:57 AM

wow! That is stunning! Can't wait to see the final.

Monale 01-03-2016 08:09 AM

Love those fabrics! This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

PaperPrincess 01-03-2016 08:09 AM

It has a wonderful painterly look!

Becky's Crafts 01-03-2016 08:26 AM

Really pretty!! Congratulations on finding more of your fabrics!! That's not easy! I've been there with one of mine!

Yooper32 01-03-2016 08:28 AM

Another "Barnbum Floral Wonder". I still drool over the floral Log Cabins you made so popular some years ago. This one is scheduled to be another winner, for sure.

meyert 01-03-2016 08:30 AM

gorgeous fabric Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

feline fanatic 01-03-2016 08:57 AM

Oh Barnbum it is LOVELY! As much as I would salivate over having this beauty on my rack, the fabrics are so intense that custom quilting would not show very much. Even though I found a perfect quilting design for a TIC, it would best be used on a quilt where the focus fabric reads more solid. I say go with a panto to let your fabulous fabric choices sing. This one is drop dead gorgeous and now I am sorry I didn't pick some of this up the day we went shopping! This seems to be a perpetual predicament for me as I always seem to be regretting not getting something you picked up for yourself whenever I go fabric shopping with you! LOL