Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Snowboarder....Quilted by Charisma's Corner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/snowboarder-quilted-charismas-corner-t159632.html)

dunster 10-11-2011 08:15 AM

It's so exciting to see young men starting up with longarming. I bet they love the big machines. Vrooom!

katier825 10-11-2011 08:48 AM

another great one by Carl!

JenJen224 10-11-2011 08:58 AM

Great job Carl

Willa 10-11-2011 09:13 AM

Wow looks like he put a lot of work into that.

Maia B 10-11-2011 09:55 AM

Cool quilt! Go Carl!

tealfalcon 10-11-2011 09:58 AM

Awesome job Carl....what a fun quilt to work on

JudyG 10-11-2011 01:25 PM

Great job, Carl. I know my friend Penny, who made this quilt, will be pleased. For those that don't know about this quilt, Penny is my friend who has MS. She has no use of her legs, but has wanted to make a quilt for her grandson for a long time. After a lightbulb went off in my head and I realized that my Brother 2003 machine could be run without the foot pedal for sewing as well as for machine embroidery, I loaned it to her and we went fabric shopping. I found the snowboard fabric for her at Favorite Fabrics (one of my favorite places to buy online) and we found the black, red and yellow fabrics locally. It took her awhile to get the top put together, but she persevered and got it done. I am very, very proud of her. When I receive the quilt back from Carl and Charisma, I will bind it and send it home to her so she can give it to her grandson.

She loved the sewing machine so much, I ended up selling it to her. We are in the process of trying to figure out what she can do for her granddaughter now.

MimiLinda 10-11-2011 01:26 PM

Good job, Carl. Thanks for sharing.

MimiLinda 10-11-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Great job, Carl. I know my friend Penny, who made this quilt, will be pleased. For those that don't know about this quilt, Penny is my friend who has MS. She has no use of her legs, but has wanted to make a quilt for her grandson for a long time. After a lightbulb went off in my head and I realized that my Brother 2003 machine could be run without the foot pedal for sewing as well as for machine embroidery, I loaned it to her and we went fabric shopping. I found the snowboard fabric for her at Favorite Fabrics (one of my favorite places to buy online) and we found the black, red and yellow fabrics locally. It took her awhile to get the top put together, but she persevered and got it done. I am very, very proud of her. When I receive the quilt back from Carl and Charisma, I will bind it and send it home to her so she can give it to her grandson.

She loved the sewing machine so much, I ended up selling it to her. We are in the process of trying to figure out what she can do for her granddaughter now.

Judy, What a great story. It's so nice to hear good deeds. I hope we will see more things from Penny.

debbieumphress 10-11-2011 01:40 PM

Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing it with us. Another great quilt by Carl.:)