Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Snowman Quilt for Gift Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/snowman-quilt-gift-exchange-t237231.html)

JEL523 12-22-2013 01:54 PM

Snowman Quilt for Gift Exchange

2 Attachment(s)
My family does a "Chinese Gift Exchange" among the adult women every year. We draw numbers out of a hat and go in reverse order of the numbers drawn, starting with the highest number. You select a gift from the pile on the floor, open it, and show to the group. The next person has the option of stealing the gift just opened (or any other as the game progresses) or opening a new gift. All gifts can be stolen a total of 3 times and once the last gift is opened, the game ends. This is what I made for this years' exchange. It is a little wonky but I made it without a pattern. It is hand and machine embroidery and I FMQ'd as best I could. The label shows the back of the quilt.

Grandma Bonnie 12-22-2013 02:00 PM

I love it! What a great gift for your exchange!

Tartan 12-22-2013 02:20 PM

​Ohhhh, that is going to be popular! Great snowman quilt!

marilynr 12-22-2013 02:21 PM

Whomever draws this will probably not keep it long. Everyone will want it. Beautiful job.

peg711 12-22-2013 02:29 PM

OK how can I join it's lovely- where were the designs from?

BrendaK 12-22-2013 02:30 PM

I hate those kinds of games. If I got this I would hate someone to take it from me. It's beautiful. Sure that this one will go around the room. Congratulations to the lucky one that ends up with it. Be sure and let us know how it went. BrendaK

JEL523 12-22-2013 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by peg711 (Post 6469399)
OK how can I join it's lovely- where were the designs from?

Thank you. I got most of the pictures off the internet for coloring pages of snowmen. Some I had in my embroidery files.

GailG 12-22-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by JEL523 (Post 6469366)
My family does a "Chinese Gift Exchange" among the adult women every year. We draw numbers out of a hat and go in reverse order of the numbers drawn, starting with the highest number. You select a gift from the pile on the floor, open it, and show to the group. The next person has the option of stealing the gift just opened (or any other as the game progresses) or opening a new gift. All gifts can be stolen a total of 3 times and once the last gift is opened, the game ends. This is what I made for this years' exchange. It is a little wonky but I made it without a pattern. It is hand and machine embroidery and I FMQ'd as best I could. The label shows the back of the quilt.

I love your Snowman quilt. On Christmas Eve, our family does basically the same thing except we call it Cajun Christmas.After all of the children open their gifts, the adults play CC. We draw numbers and then proceed to do the same as JEL, except we go in the order of numbers beginning with #1. After all gifts have been opened and the "stealing" is finished, then #1 gets a turn to steal since they did have that chance because theirs was the first gift open. Merry Christmas, everyone!

rootyr 12-22-2013 03:26 PM

Can I play the game? Beautiful!

RedGarnet222 12-22-2013 03:29 PM

Hey I want to steal that one! Is it my turn?