Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   So far this week... and a few questions. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/so-far-week-few-questions-t90332.html)

Jim's Gem 01-14-2011 10:21 AM

Nice work!

PJisChaos 01-16-2011 02:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the kind words! It's funny though, ya'll like the green one and for me that is the one ugly quilt I have made... so far. LoL!! It was really easy and went together quick but I absolutely hated the color scheme in this layer cake. I didn't fret too much over the finished product as my grandma has always said every quilter will make at least one ugly quilt, in their opinion. But there are quilts that appeal to every one.

Finally got some pics of the Wal-Mart quilt-kit I mentioned. Not the fabrics I would have chose but, for $4 I couldn't pass it up! Alex just loves Hot Wheels and needed another blankie to drag around. :wink:

Alexs car quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161690[/ATTACH]

Alex and his "KaaRRR" quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161691[/ATTACH]

wolph33 01-16-2011 04:04 PM

great quilts

Stacey 03-10-2011 09:52 AM

Just wondered if your HP quilt had spoken to you yet. My DD asked me to make one for my DGD and made a list of the blocks she wanted done. I have only gotten 6 blocks done so far.( I hate paper piecing.) I enlarged them and not all are quite the same size so will probably have to border a few. But I was curious how you were going to lay yours out. The only specification that my DD gave me was to have crests in each corner. My DGD initials will also be on the quilt.

tslowery 03-10-2011 09:55 AM

Nice quilts and quilting.

Ditter43 03-10-2011 09:58 AM

I personally think qayg method is great for large quilts! :D

mathteacher 03-10-2011 10:00 AM

I wonder if there is a coordinating fabric that you could cut squares of to alternate with your HP blocks. That might help you fill in the spaces more quickly!

PJisChaos 03-10-2011 10:02 AM

Stacey--
That is awesome ya could get yours enlarged! I tried forever and just can't do it on my printer so am stuck with the 5 1/2" some of which are a royal pain to PP. I do get burnt out rather quickly on these so am still working on them here and there. I do have a few more done than that pic shows and have the 4 house crests in each corner as well. As far as layout, I am just trying to group them into sections... Quidditch(??) group, Hogsmeade group, character groupings... things like that. But no real strong layout as of yet. I did design a huge castle for the back and will be doing a quilt-as-ya-go to get that to turn out right. I would love to see your progress, feel free to post it. I do have to redo 2 of the blocks as I am not happy with the way they turned out but, am still having a bit of fun with it.

Stacey 03-10-2011 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mathteacher
I wonder if there is a coordinating fabric that you could cut squares of to alternate with your HP blocks. That might help you fill in the spaces more quickly!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks!

Ripped on Scotch 03-10-2011 10:34 AM

I love the Harry Potter one. Are the blocks something that you purchased or did you come up with it yourself?