Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   So what went wrong? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/so-what-went-wrong-t70843.html)

sasseyib 10-18-2010 10:53 AM

I am crying with you and so sorry it happened.

LeeAnn 10-18-2010 10:53 AM

Oh my goodness! I'm heartsick for you. It does look like a 1/4" seam issue. I'm terribly sorry this happened to you.

dsb38327 10-18-2010 11:07 AM

I am sorry this happened. It looks like it is just that one piece of fabric that pulled throughout the quilt. No way you could have known that was going to happen. With it being cotton you would not have expected that piece of fabric to respond differently than the other squares.
I am glad it happened before you gifted it. Some times you just gotta say "Ummmmm", that didn't work. Sorry, you did all you could do.

Candace 10-18-2010 11:46 AM

Sorry, can't see your pictures.

angieh1964 10-18-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I am sorry this happened. It looks like it is just that one piece of fabric that pulled throughout the quilt. No way you could have known that was going to happen. With it being cotton you would not have expected that piece of fabric to respond differently than the other squares.
I am glad it happened before you gifted it. Some times you just gotta say "Ummmmm", that didn't work. Sorry, you did all you could do.

i did gift it just the top and told her i needed to finish it thought i had backing for it but didnt. so now i get to do it all over again woohoo guess i should have known it really did go to well lol

angieh1964 10-18-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Sorry, can't see your pictures.

click on download

amma 10-19-2010 11:01 PM

I wonder if your stitches were fully forming when you were piecing, since you said all of your seams were good?
I paper pieced almost a full quilts worth of blocks, before I noticed the stitches were bad :(

I am so sorry this happened to you :(

Ritzquilts 10-19-2010 11:16 PM

I think you need to make sure you have a 1/4 in seam and small stitch lenght...I never pre wash and never had that happen with flannel

leatheflea 10-19-2010 11:58 PM

I recongnize those fabrics, and I had the same problem on a quilt that I made. I know it sounds crazy but I think its the fabric. I made a wall hanging with that yellow fabric and it did the same thing. Same with the orange fabric.

angieh1964 10-20-2010 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I recongnize those fabrics, and I had the same problem on a quilt that I made. I know it sounds crazy but I think its the fabric. I made a wall hanging with that yellow fabric and it did the same thing. Same with the orange fabric.

this is what i thought because everyplace it fell apart was the same fabrics and the flannel that is on the back washed perfect no problems at all from now on i will run a zigzag around the edge of the top and wash it then sandwich.