Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   SoHappy ...my Sewing room is finished.....hooray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sohappy-my-sewing-room-finished-hooray-t124014.html)

Frankie 05-19-2011 03:29 AM

I love that so much of it is white, sort of a clean palette to start your next project. Love the organized room. Really a great space to create. Lucky you.

JulieTN 05-19-2011 03:31 AM

OPS I am now turning GREEN - with envy! enjoy!
Julie :mrgreen:

Aimeesews 05-19-2011 03:34 AM

Lovely room x

Babs194068 05-19-2011 03:36 AM

WOW that is awesome

Late Bloomer 05-19-2011 03:37 AM

You are so fortunate to have your very own sewing room! I just have a small question - why do you have the machines facing the wall and not under the window? I am sure you have a good reason, but I was just wondering......... I have a problem with good lighting in my sewing spot (part of my bedroom) so to me that is important. Congratulations on the fine job your husband did. Lucky lady!

wishfulthinking 05-19-2011 03:37 AM

Your room is so bright and cheerful and organized. Hope you have many years of quilting pleasure in it!

Weenween 05-19-2011 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Little RoO
Before Christmas my husband asked what I would like for a present...and I asked if instead of presents if in the Spring he could change our small bedroom ( about 10'x10') into a nicer place for me to sew.
I was sewing on a small bench next to a single bed in what had been my daughters room, she now has a home of her own.
A few weeks ago I posted that he had started...we went to Ikea to get some ideas and realised that they had most of the things I wanted.
He gutted the room, carpet went, bench etc and walls were stripped, new electric points added.....and the following is the result....I am so delighted. It is a lovely bright room, masses of storage for my fabric in the cupboards and baskets.
We have put in a bed settee in so that it can still be used for friends. (Ok I still am trying to decide on the cushion covers !) The work surface is not secured so the furniture can be moved to make it look more like a bedroom if needed and the bulkhead of the stairs has been made into a storage box with space for cutting on the top.....I feel so happy

THAT IS REALLY NICE I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.

tntgranny 05-19-2011 03:56 AM

Love your room. I too went to IKEA and got all my shelving, a table attachment and some inserts for the shelves. I also took 2 cube shelving units, attached them back to back, put them on a 4x4 frame I made with casters and made a rolling cutting table. The 4x4 frame and casters raised it to counter height - easier on the back to cut at that height. And the cube units are open (no back) - putting them back to back makes a nice long shelve area to store bolts, batting, long rulers etc. Love my room, too.

Blinky 05-19-2011 04:07 AM

Great room! Now if it was mine I would start a project and pull out everything and have a mess first thing :roll: It looks so neat and clean!

JulieR 05-19-2011 04:10 AM

Such a lovely room - and a wonderful DH!