Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some of my Christmas Gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-christmas-gifts-t32648.html)

pvquilter 12-30-2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
WOW, each and every gift is beautiful! What a lucky family to receive so much love You must be a fast quilter/sewer, when did you start making everything? GREAT JOB.

Margie

I hope they appreciated them. They seemed to be thrilled. I am retired, so I can quilt more than I used to. I also have a longarm machine which does help. Altho, I had to work those in between my customers quilts. I probably started last May. Thought I had enough time, but as it got closer mI was getting nervous. Three weeks before Xmas I found out my brother was coming home for Xmas, so I decided quickly to make him a quilt. He lost his wife to a brain tumor four years ago, and I have always wanted to do this for him. He has 3 sons 23, 17 and 15, that I would like to make one for. That may be my next goal. I have quite a stash of fabric and kits to make, that I bought when I was still working. I also want to make quilts for the priests of our parish. (5) We will see how it goes.

Elisabrat 12-30-2009 04:38 PM

sleep must have been for those "other" people.. you worked your fingers to the bone.. tremendous job. Envy, total quilt envy here.

earthwalker 12-30-2009 04:45 PM

Magnificent gifts, and I too am awed by your energy and output! You have a very lucky family indeed. Thanks so much for sharing the pics. your work is beautiful.

feline fanatic 12-30-2009 04:56 PM

Wow! Those are great! I really love your taste in fabric. The simply strippy and the other one for your daughter, the squares made out of what look like stripped triangles really caught my eye; mostly for the colors you chose. I probably wouldn't have been so enamored with them had they not been done in those particular colors. I also like the quilt in your avatar.

pvquilter 12-30-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Wow! Those are great! I really love your taste in fabric. The simply strippy and the other one for your daughter, the squares made out of what look like stripped triangles really caught my eye; mostly for the colors you chose. I probably wouldn't have been so enamored with them had they not been done in those particular colors. I also like the quilt in your avatar.

The quilt in my Avatar went to SulaBug. She was my Nov./Dec. Doll Quilt exchange partner, so thought I wouldput it in my Avatar, because it is so colorful. We looked a long time for all the striped material. When I started the quilt I hated it. It wasn't until it was all done that I really enjoyed. She also loved it. I really swore I would not make another one, but now I would like one for myself.

Janstar 12-30-2009 06:58 PM

Wonderful job on all the quilts! You don't let any grass grow under your feet!

Bevanger 12-31-2009 06:10 AM

gorgeous

Oklahoma Suzie 12-31-2009 06:27 AM

They are all beautiful.

Debbie1 12-31-2009 10:24 AM

You did an amazing job on all your gifts!

Nancy in Louisiana 12-31-2009 02:40 PM

WOW -- Those are my favorite types of quilts - scrappy yet organized. Great work. What are your plans for next Christmas == no way can you top this year!