Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some of my older quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-older-quilts-t47014.html)

Quilt Mom 05-27-2010 05:45 AM

How creative! I really like the light house.

craftybear 05-27-2010 05:59 AM

awesome

stitchhappy 05-27-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Maride

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
they are all so wonderful, please show us more. Do you actually have a pattern for the wonky houses and did you applique on the door and windows on? I would so like to get rid of some inhibitions and try my hands and mind on a quilt like the house one, Cindy

I got the pattern from an old episode of Simply Quilts, but as usual, I didn't follow it. The houses, windows, doors and chimneys are applique. Also some of the trees. For the rest of the items I kept going to Michael's and got stickers to make cards with. They can be expensive but I got one or two a month to get it done. Also they didn't always have what I was looking for, but I ended up finding everything seasonal. It was so much fun to plan.

I have those patterns from Simply Quilts too but haven't made them yet. Love it though. Will still make it someday.
:D :D :D :D

stitchhappy 05-27-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Maride

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
they are all so wonderful, please show us more. Do you actually have a pattern for the wonky houses and did you applique on the door and windows on? I would so like to get rid of some inhibitions and try my hands and mind on a quilt like the house one, Cindy

I got the pattern from an old episode of Simply Quilts, but as usual, I didn't follow it. The houses, windows, doors and chimneys are applique. Also some of the trees. For the rest of the items I kept going to Michael's and got stickers to make cards with. They can be expensive but I got one or two a month to get it done. Also they didn't always have what I was looking for, but I ended up finding everything seasonal. It was so much fun to plan.

I have those patterns from Simply Quilts too but haven't made them yet. Love it though. Will still make it someday.
:D :D

laralea 05-27-2010 09:11 AM

They are all beautiful!! I can't decide which is my favorite, but I'm thinking the lighthouse and the puzzle. Thanks for sharing them with us.

marla 05-27-2010 12:34 PM

I did the "Around the block" houses quilt too! It was on HGTV andHaven't gotten it quilted yet. Did you quilt using different colors to match the block colors? That is what was suggested and what I plan to do.
Love yourother quilts too.

amma 05-27-2010 05:59 PM

What a beautiful collection of quilts :D:D:D Thank you for sharing!!!
I love how you quilted thank you into the quilt :D:D:D

summerstorm 05-28-2010 04:51 AM

I love the first quilt. May I borrow your idea?

Sharon

eleu16 05-28-2010 08:57 AM

WOW...great job on all the quilts...thanks for sharing :-D

kwiltkrazy 05-28-2010 02:36 PM

Marvelous, simply marvelous. Lot of diversity in styles, and patterns.I did find the quilted thank you.