Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some of My Work, updated with newest photo Sept 19, page 6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-work-updated-newest-photo-sept-19-page-6-a-t1737.html)

cynde 08-05-2007 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi I thought I would post some of my more recent quilts (my older ones did not get photographed with a digital camera)

This one is a comfort quilt I made for my SIL while she was having chemo and radiation for breast cancer. It was a class I took at a the Quilted Garden shop, taught by Catherine Hanna.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1165[/ATTACH]

This is my favorite quilt, the pattern is from the Freckles Collection. It says "Seasons come and go but families are forever".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49176[/ATTACH]

This one is called Cynde finally gets her Calla Lilies. It is from a kit that I bought in Puyallup, which I have lent to my mom and can't get the name right now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63435[/ATTACH]

live2teach 08-05-2007 06:58 PM

These are amazing! You do excellent work.

lin 08-05-2007 06:59 PM

Oh wow, those are all beautiful cynde. I especially love the lily!! How did you do the one with the houses? Is that machine embroidered? What? It's so unique!! My dd got a teddy bear quilt similar to the one you're showing when she had her third child. SO cute. :)

cynde 08-05-2007 07:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more, and while I am posting I should add that my avatar is a quilt I made in the Quadrille Twister class taught by Dianne Stevenson, and it is based on the Martha Thompson's class and book.

The mantle scarf was a class I took a couple of years ago by Dianne Senra, she said her pattern was inspired by one from Quilt Lover's Favorites. The class taught the pinwheel design that are in my two mantle scarves, but the one I made for my mom I just did a log cabin block that came out to the correct size.

These are some Christmas stockings I made when I first started quilting. The mantel scarf was a class I took at a shop called A Great Notion. I have made three of these, two for me and one for my mom.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]639[/ATTACH]

This is one of four wall hangings in a series called Seasons Medley, by Vanilla House. I have only done the spring and summer so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1161[/ATTACH]

This is an advent calendar I made one of my first years quilting. It was a class put on by my quilting guild.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5265[/ATTACH]

cynde 08-05-2007 07:05 PM

Lin you are so fast, you posted while I was posting some more pictures. The house one I hand embroidered. I wanted a small portable project to take to the dentist I spent a lot of time waiting for my dd who had braces, soccer practices etc....

It took me two years to complete and the embroidery was by far the most time consuming part of it.

live2teach 08-05-2007 07:06 PM

I love all of your work. Keep them coming! :D

cynde 08-05-2007 07:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
one or two more here

This is my other Christmas mantle scarf.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1765[/ATTACH]

This is a log cabin christmas wall hanging that I made in a class at the Quilted Garden put on by Catherine Hannah, based on the Christmas by Candlelight pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63649[/ATTACH]

This is the mantle scarf I made for my mom this past Christmas. I put it up on her mantle when we arrived at their house on Christmas eve and it was so hectic she didn't notice it until Christmas morning, which was perfect.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63711[/ATTACH]

SandraJennings 08-05-2007 07:18 PM

Wow! wow! Wow!.....you got it goin' on there girl. Don't stop....wonderful peices and lovely color choices. :D

cynde 08-05-2007 07:19 PM

Hi Heather, my goodness you are just as fast as Lin.

Here is one I put in my intro, but I just have to add it here, it is my most recent completed project. Just before she passed away, my great grandmother embroidered the task a day onto flour sack cloth, to make T towels for my grandmother.

I inherited the T towels, and cut them down into pictures for my children's nursery. After I took up quilting I decided they had to go into a quilt.

I purchased all the '30s replica fabric I could find and designed this quilt. I had my dad draw some bunnies and flowers to match the original blocks and my mother and I embroidered these for the corner blocks.

I have two tops ready to be sandwiched right now, but I've lost my camera, so I will have to borrow one, when they are done.

cynde 08-05-2007 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
whoops forgot to include the picture of the quilt

Eva Pearl Voodre's Task a Day Quilt, designed, pieced and quilted by me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63782[/ATTACH]