Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Something more traditional and a question. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/something-more-traditional-question-t26861.html)

RedGarnet222 10-11-2009 04:21 PM

Very romantic quilt for mom. The pink roses are just lovely. I like the way you fussy cut the centers. Mom surely is going to love it.

Your gate is going to be great! I hope you show us the progress as you go along.

Wings 10-11-2009 09:48 PM

I look forward to seeing your progress on the gate piece DeeCee:)

Deecee 10-11-2009 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
You also paid attention to where the roses are in the border. :D

Hi bearisgray - if you knew my mother you would know that pattern matching/placement/colour is of paramount importance.

Myself, I sometimes like the odd and whimsical.

I shall post some more gate stuff now named after Wings' suggestion - Gated - Paradise? - the questionmark because all I can guarantee is the gate part although my backyard is my own little slice of paradise.

Deecee 10-11-2009 11:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gated - Paradise? Episode 2

Firstly, let me confess – this is not a full size gate quilt. I do not want to bite off more than I can chew and I would like to get it finished in the near future, so this gate is small as far as gates go. Finished size will be approx. 18" x 20" – cushion gate?

Finished cutting out the gate with my blade and found all 10 fingers intact. Hard going on the arthritis bumps on the fingers :cry: Won't be doing this again in a hurry!

I decided to only use stash scraps for the watercolour background
so sorted through what I already had in 2" leftovers and cut some more... and cut some more....and after discarding some fabrics already cut.... cut some more. Some patterns that looked suitable in the piece didn't work out after I cut them up. I need to do another watercolour to use up my spares!

Background garden coming along. Every time I walk past I change one or two squares but I must be firm and just stop :!: :!:

Trying to keep little squares in some sort of order as I cut them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52417[/ATTACH]

Background garden ready for fusing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52418[/ATTACH]

Finished cutting out gate.
Look - no blood!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52419[/ATTACH]

mumtoliam 10-11-2009 11:40 PM

Your finished quilt is beautiful - I love seeing the inspiration ... to the work in progress of your watercolour gate ... can't wait to see it finished.

Deecee 10-11-2009 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I am trying to finish this quickly so I can continue on with son's wedding memories quilt - hopefully a Christmas present for DIL.

Quilt4u 10-12-2009 01:40 AM

I can see two things :
1. A Art Quilt
2. A quilting design

Quilt4u 10-12-2009 01:41 AM

OH ya What a beautiful quilt.

tlrnhi 10-12-2009 01:44 AM

OH MY!!! The gate is awesome!!
The colors you have chosen are perfect!!

gramadona 10-12-2009 11:56 AM

Deecee... Your quilt is just adorable
and the Gate quilt is going to be beautiful!!
I can hardly wait to see it finished.