Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Son wanted black/white, over the river (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/son-wanted-black-white-over-river-t194730.html)

buddy'smom 07-16-2012 03:47 AM

Thank you, it took about three months of on and off to complete, but have been working on many others as well. I know you can do it, and the thing is once you start ya just don't want to stop.

Originally Posted by Helen6869 (Post 5368124)
that is so striking! and beautiful work! How long did it take you to do this part? I have this pattern also but have dreaded starting because it seems so intimidating. I love the needlework part of it but am not sure I will stick to it long enough to finish. Thanks for the inspiration. And, I would kick his butt too! Gorgeous!

ljptexas 07-16-2012 04:09 AM

Very, very neat! Very one-of-a-kind! This is gorgeous... Love any stars anyway....
I'm making star blocks for my GS that will graduate in 3 yrs, the next yr his brother & my oldest GD, then the next yr her sister. Soo hope this is starting soon enough?... Girls are no problem but boys, whoa....... so I came up with stars & will incorporate some pieces from their Paw Paw's shirts,(my deceased hubby. Only 2 really remember him, he's been gone 11 yrs this Dec.) a block from their Grandma (my Mom) & maybe a Coca Cola patch from their Great Paw Paw's shirts (my Dad).

Patched 07-16-2012 04:12 AM

Great job. I have this pattern, your's makes me want to get it started.

debcavan 07-16-2012 04:14 AM

Wonderful, it is just stunning. And it is just what he asked for. That is the most important thing.

nabobw 07-16-2012 04:31 AM

love it in black and white

buddy'smom 07-16-2012 04:32 AM

Yes it is, thank you, I know he'll take good care of it, as the one I made him years ago is still just like it was just made.

Originally Posted by debcavan (Post 5368824)
Wonderful, it is just stunning. And it is just what he asked for. That is the most important thing.

buddy'smom 07-16-2012 04:35 AM

Thanks so much. Good luck with all your quilts. Such a great touch you'll be adding. My 2 older girls dad has been gone now for 32 years, and I know the really don't remember him to much, they were way to young at the time. There step-dad has been a great dad to them. I have really been blessed.

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 5368806)
Very, very neat! Very one-of-a-kind! This is gorgeous... Love any stars anyway....
I'm making star blocks for my GS that will graduate in 3 yrs, the next yr his brother & my oldest GD, then the next yr her sister. Soo hope this is starting soon enough?... Girls are no problem but boys, whoa....... so I came up with stars & will incorporate some pieces from their Paw Paw's shirts,(my deceased hubby. Only 2 really remember him, he's been gone 11 yrs this Dec.) a block from their Grandma (my Mom) & maybe a Coca Cola patch from their Great Paw Paw's shirts (my Dad).

rusty quilter 07-16-2012 04:48 PM

I have never seen anything like this--great job!

wraez 07-16-2012 04:50 PM

OMG this just makes my heart sing! Your son has quite the talent for deciding on what makes a good quilt and your work is outstanding. LOVE love LOVE this quilt! Please show us the finished quilt when you are all done.

Mariposa 07-16-2012 05:03 PM

Beautiful work on this! Looking forward to seeing it finished! :)