Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Spazzy crumb blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/spazzy-crumb-blocks-t24032.html)

SaraSewing 10-15-2009 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
I love the way you seperated the colors. I am going to do the same,don't know why I didn't think about that. I have made 2 Big Quilts one with all colors and the other Black,white and grey. I didn't use paper, I used used,washed and ironed Dryer sheets. That way I didn't have to remove anything. Dryer sheet stays there. A little on the heavy side if you use cotton. So I used the low loft puffy Poly batting work great.
Thank you for the idea of seperateing colors.
BillsBonBon

I didn't use anything for the backing. Just sewed them together, leaving a "fat" 1/4 inch seam since some of them are on the bias. No muslin, dryer sheets, paper. I just ironed them first, then used a template to cut them to shape.

Bill'sBonBon 10-15-2009 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
I love the way you seperated the colors. I am going to do the same,don't know why I didn't think about that. I have made 2 Big Quilts one with all colors and the other Black,white and grey. I didn't use paper, I used used,washed and ironed Dryer sheets. That way I didn't have to remove anything. Dryer sheet stays there. A little on the heavy side if you use cotton. So I used the low loft puffy Poly batting work great.
Thank you for the idea of seperateing colors.
BillsBonBon

I didn't use anything for the backing. Just sewed them together, leaving a "fat" 1/4 inch seam since some of them are on the bias. No muslin, dryer sheets, paper. I just ironed them first, then used a template to cut them to shape.

I know and that makes it so much easier,I didn't know about that way until I saw a tute on this board. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BillsBonBon

moosegirl 10-15-2009 09:29 AM

Hi, I do a lot of crazy patch and this is one of the fun ways to use up scraps and I usually give this type of quilt to child or teen or charity. The price of fabric is to high to throw anything away and considering the roots of american quilting, there isn't any reason not to make as many quilts as possible with scraps. Moosegirl

omak 10-15-2009 10:13 AM

Hear! Hear! Moosegirl <wave>

kd124 10-15-2009 09:31 PM

Looking good, can't wait to see them together. It's on my one of these days........

dizzy 10-15-2009 09:46 PM

dear to bad my camora is dead tonight or i would show you a quilt nobody in my dads family liked it an my grandmother said I know someone who would like it.An she was right Isharish that quilt an don't let just anybody use it.because she made it an it was the only one i had until
my dear daddy passed away 3 1/2 yrs ago an I got the quilts she had made him.plus i have one of them stashes that i'm going to make a scrappy quilt out of to an love adding to it just about every day.with sewing clothes quilts an just about anything put in front of me or asked of me.as long as i can have something to make a pattern out of i can do anything i set my mind to.I even have this pink material I'm just dieing to make me a pair of pants out of an I had apair of jeans that got worn real bad on the stomach an i took them apart for pattern.

wesing 12-26-2009 07:55 AM

Sara -

No activity on this thread for a while and I was hoping to see your finished quilt. Have you been able to work on it?

Darren

rootyr 12-26-2009 08:00 AM

That is fantastic!

SaraSewing 12-26-2009 08:05 AM

Nice that you asked. I have the blocks all finished. Pinned them to a sheet in a color order, found the sashing. Now that Christmas is over it's on the top of my list!

wesing 12-26-2009 08:09 AM

Great! I can't wait to see it. We are still in the "gathering scraps" stage, but I like your approach better than anything else I've seen. When we have enough scraps we'll be starting on our own "Spazzy quilt."

Happy New Year,

Darren