Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Spring Quilt Festival Exeter, UK (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/spring-quilt-festival-exeter-uk-t40909.html)

lucyb 03-30-2010 09:44 PM

I think they are barnacles on the whales belly.

iltoaz 03-31-2010 06:57 AM

Beautiful and thanks for sharing.

Grandma Cindy 03-31-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by lucyb

why of course...

Stummel 04-01-2010 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gal
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless! I have never seen so many quality quilts in one place before! Did you have trouble leaving, I would have,LOL!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful works of art!

Gal

Haha, yes I did indeed. Hubby was very good about it, despite relentless teasing form his friends, and we were there for 4 hours or so. After the fifth round of the stalls and spending all my limited funds on supplies, he managed to drag me out, as we still had a 3 hr trip home.
I don't know when I will get to go to a quilt show again, and very much loved the inspiration and to meet some other people who share my hobby. I didn't do any workshops, as they were quite expensive, but maybe next time.

Stummel 04-01-2010 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by lucyb

I think they are as well. I don't know if it's clear from the photo, but it was almost 3D, moreso than normal quilting. The whale was prominent and put on after the background quilt, almost like a stuffed toy whale. And the picture within the whale must have been a completely different applique quilt.
I just thought the idea was genius!

nana2 04-01-2010 05:06 AM

Thank You for sharing!!!!! What beautiful quilts!!!!!!!!!

SewExtremeSeams 04-01-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Stummel
We went to the Exeter quilt show and I took a few photos :)

WoW! What and where is the Exeter quilt show? Thank you so much for taking pictures and sharing them. I found several new ideas of how to quilt without a long arm (something I would really like to have).

Linda :D

SewExtremeSeams 04-01-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Stummel

Originally Posted by Gal
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless! I have never seen so many quality quilts in one place before! Did you have trouble leaving, I would have,LOL!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful works of art!

Gal

Haha, yes I did indeed. Hubby was very good about it, despite relentless teasing form his friends, and we were there for 4 hours or so. After the fifth round of the stalls and spending all my limited funds on supplies, he managed to drag me out, as we still had a 3 hr trip home.
I don't know when I will get to go to a quilt show again, and very much loved the inspiration and to meet some other people who share my hobby. I didn't do any workshops, as they were quite expensive, but maybe next time.

My hubby just attended a quilt show in my local area. He appreciated the quilts and I enjoyed having him with me to share the beauty with. He also critiqued which quilts drew his eye and those that didn't. I like knowing his opinion on the craft I love so much.

zyxquilts 04-01-2010 10:22 AM

Thank you so much for sharing the quilt show with us! I always mean to take lots of pictures, but then end up with only a few when I just am too busy looking :D

Sheree from Chicago 04-01-2010 03:28 PM

All are stunning!