Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   spring quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/spring-quilt-t294408.html)

Gerbie 01-30-2018 04:33 AM

I know you said you could not find the pattern when you Googled it, but is there a name of the company or an individual designer any where on your pattern that you used in the workshop? I would love to get this pattern if you an find any information on your pattern. This would make a great quilt for a young man in woodsy colors also a cute baby quilt. Looks like lots of HST turned in different directions along with tumbler blocks. Your blocks seem to be large, what size are your finished blocks? Great quilt, love it.

Karamarie 01-30-2018 04:40 AM

Definitely speaks spring, especially in these gloomy winter days.

SusieQOH 01-30-2018 06:12 AM

Some cats love having their pic taken, while others hate it.
The little girl in my avatar didn't like it so this pic is especially precious.
Love your kitty and love your quilt!! Yes, it's Springy!

Mariposa 01-30-2018 06:38 AM

Very pretty, and cute kitty!

Dina 01-30-2018 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie (Post 7993504)
I know you said you could not find the pattern when you Googled it, but is there a name of the company or an individual designer any where on your pattern that you used in the workshop? I would love to get this pattern if you an find any information on your pattern. This would make a great quilt for a young man in woodsy colors also a cute baby quilt. Looks like lots of HST turned in different directions along with tumbler blocks. Your blocks seem to be large, what size are your finished blocks? Great quilt, love it.

Okay, I looked at my pattern, and the first page is missing. Like I said, it was from a workshop at least 6 years ago where the presenter gave us copies of an unpublished pattern she had made. So I have no information on it.

However, it would be easy to duplicate. My blocks are 13 inches by 18 inches. Nine of them, plus a 1 1/2 inner border and 5 1/2 outer border, make a pretty nice sized lap quilt....52 x 68. It starts by laying 9 fat quarters on top of each other, and then following a pattern to cut the pieces out....starting with a fresh blade in your rotary cutter. When the pieces are sewn together, they don't fit together perfectly, but only a few need trimmed.

I tried to think creatively when I googled this time, and I found a sort of solution. Google "Quilting Creations Crazy Quilt 4 Stencil"...though maybe the word stencil isn't necessary...I suddenly don't remember. But if you google that, a whole bunch of images of such a block as I used comes up. Like I said, I used 9 fabrics, but the blocks I saw had 6. You could just make a block whatever size you want and cut the pieces however you want, I think.

I think that if you look up Crazy Quilts, they might look like this puzzle quilt does. I do remember seeing such a pattern in Hancock's before it went out of business here. Old memory though.

Not real helpful, I am afraid. Good luck in a search to find a real pattern.

Dina

Clarice29 01-30-2018 10:52 AM

It is very sprig-y. Nice colors.

noahscats7 01-30-2018 04:57 PM

Would looking up fat qtr. quilts work? Think I'll try it.

solstice3 01-30-2018 07:12 PM

Spring becomes a state of mind when looking at that beauty

Gay 01-31-2018 05:09 AM

Purple is my favourite colour, and I love crazy quilts. It would be simple to make your own pattern, Use a stack of fat 1/4s, as many as you can cut with a rotary cutter, and just cut pieces off starting from the corners, work around towards the middle. Change the top fabric to the bottom so you have a different one on the top of each pile, then sew the pieces back together, and trim all blocks to the same size.
Very pretty

Dina 01-31-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gay (Post 7994107)
Purple is my favourite colour, and I love crazy quilts. It would be simple to make your own pattern, Use a stack of fat 1/4s, as many as you can cut with a rotary cutter, and just cut pieces off starting from the corners, work around towards the middle. Change the top fabric to the bottom so you have a different one on the top of each pile, then sew the pieces back together, and trim all blocks to the same size.
Very pretty

Yes, that is exactly how it is done. Only you described it so much better!!

Dina