Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   St.Basil in paper-piecing. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/st-basil-paper-piecing-t18175.html)

k3n 03-27-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jette
lucky him. I love Russia. I tried to post this under K3n. It did not work

Hi Jette - if you click in the top right hand corner of the post of the person you want to respond to 'quote' you can answer people directly!

Unfortunately DH only does flying one night trips and spends most of that in meetings but he has visited the Hermitage and said it was amazing. I'll go with him one day, just haven't had the chance yet!

K x

Mplsgirl 03-27-2009 10:50 AM

You do fabulous work! And welcome from Roscoe, Illinois USA. I wish I was as creative as you!

quiltykitty 03-27-2009 11:32 AM

Unfortunately DH only does flying one night trips and spends most of that in meetings but he has visited the Hermitage and said it was amazing. I'll go with him one day, just haven't had the chance yet!
I agree with your husband that the Hermitage is amazing. When I visited it in 1993, I saw a Bible that had so many jewels on it that I would not have been able to put my little finger down without touching two or more jewels. I also wound up in one of the basements which held a pre-historic exibit. Thought I was going to get locked in for the night.

I love St. Petersburg. So much history, so many beautiful buildings and the food was wonderful. I would love to go back again. The boat cruise on the waterways is a wonderful way to travel. The other time I visited, we took the train from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

quiltykitty 03-27-2009 12:12 PM

Jette,

That is a beautiful rendition of St. Basil's. Have you thought of doing one of The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood (I think I have the name right) in St. Petersburg? It is not as recognizable as St. Basil's, but I think it is beautiful.

Do you plan to make the pattern for St. Basil's available?

jette 03-27-2009 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by jette
lucky him. I love Russia. I tried to post this under K3n. It did not work

Hi Jette - if you click in the top right hand corner of the post of the person you want to respond to 'quote' you can answer people directly!

K x

Thanks for the tip. You should ask DH to buy you some cd´s with russian folk songs. It is fantastic together with quilting. :)

jette 03-27-2009 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Jette,

That is a beautiful rendition of St. Basil's. Have you thought of doing one of The Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood (I think I have the name right) in St. Petersburg? It is not as recognizable as St. Basil's, but I think it is beautiful.

Do you plan to make the pattern for St. Basil's available?

Yes it is a very beautiful church. It would be funny to make. And what a lot of gold :)

I only made the St. Basil pattern for own use. (no numbers). If you are used to make paper-piecing, this will not be a problem.
If you write me:
[email protected]
I will send it to you.

gcathie 03-27-2009 10:32 PM

Welcome from Ohio ,USA and WOW what a wonderful site you are sharing......and Love Love Love the quilts!!...:-)

Irish Heart 03-28-2009 06:58 AM

Stunning :!: Way beyond words :-) :-) Thanks for sharing :-P

Irish Heart 03-28-2009 06:59 AM

Oh yes, Welcome from the fertile farmland of Michigan's Saginaw Valley :!:

bearpaw 03-28-2009 08:03 AM

GORGEOUS!!! Great job!