Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stack and Whack Grandmother's Fan finally finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stack-whack-grandmothers-fan-finally-finished-t113079.html)

mrsmail 04-04-2011 03:46 AM

That is one gorgeous quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OmaForFour 04-04-2011 03:53 AM

This is a show stopper! I hope you plan to enter it somewhere! It is truly a winner!

Can you tell me where I can get instructions to do Stack n Whack for that pattern?

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
I have been working on this one for quite a while. Many of you have already seen the WIP. But, wanted to show the finished product anyway. I had a problem with this one because I used some heat bonding stuff to appliques my fans onto the blocks. It made them so stiff and hard I could barely get a needle in them for hand quilting. So, I just quilted around the fans and then tacked them with embrodiery thread through the center. It made them look kinda like the little tassles that used to hold the old fans together. I don't know if you can see them in these photos or not. See what you think.

Homespun 04-04-2011 04:24 AM

very dainty--pretty, too

nabobw 04-04-2011 04:27 AM

Lovely

#1piecemaker 04-04-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
This is a show stopper! I hope you plan to enter it somewhere! It is truly a winner!

Can you tell me where I can get instructions to do Stack n Whack for that pattern?

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
I have been working on this one for quite a while. Many of you have already seen the WIP. But, wanted to show the finished product anyway. I had a problem with this one because I used some heat bonding stuff to appliques my fans onto the blocks. It made them so stiff and hard I could barely get a needle in them for hand quilting. So, I just quilted around the fans and then tacked them with embrodiery thread through the center. It made them look kinda like the little tassles that used to hold the old fans together. I don't know if you can see them in these photos or not. See what you think.

I will be glad to send anyone who would like the pattern and some instructions to them. Just Pm me with your e-mail address. Thanks, Leesa

mexmmh43 04-04-2011 04:39 AM

I use light heat and bond and it seems to me to be softer and more plyable. Love your quilt it is beautful.

Stitcherbee09 04-04-2011 04:52 AM

Oh my how pretty and dainty !

MS quilter 04-04-2011 05:02 AM

Wow!! Absolutely marvelous!! I'm in awe!

GailG 04-04-2011 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I found them - little red ties - what a beautiful quilt.

Yes, I can see them too. I love it!!

GailG 04-04-2011 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I found them - little red ties - what a beautiful quilt.

Yes, I can see them too. I love it!!

OOps! Sorry about the duplication. When the first one didn't "fly," I sent it again. :oops: