Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Star-Believing Star Sampler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/star-believing-star-sampler-t51805.html)

candi 06-28-2010 02:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I wanted to make a throw quilt for my living room and decided to do a star (mainly) sampler. This is the largest quilt I made so far, measures about 50 by 70. I chose the fabrics and decided to fussy cut around a blossom medallion in the fabric for the center squares in the stars,and chose the blocks I am going to use for the quilt based on that. I also did fussy cuts around the smaller medallions in the fabric for cornerstones. I LOVED piecing this top, it felt like all mine, I had no pattern or sizes other than the block patterns from multiple sources, I did all the calculation for the fabrics and the cutting and I realized that I enjoy that a lot. I also liked doing a sampler quilt without repeating the same block over and over. I was going to send it out to be quilted, but then decided that I want to do it myself so it'll truly be all mine. Moving the bulk was a bit challenging for a beginner, but I did some SID and straight lines . I am very happy with how it tuned out and had Gail-r make a beautiful label for it. I also made coordinating cushions and will use leftover fabrics to make a table topper for my coffee table and coasters. Now I can't wait to get home and throw the quilt on my couch :P

My favorite block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85599[/ATTACH]

The back with Gail's label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85600[/ATTACH]

Matching cushions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85686[/ATTACH]

clem55 06-28-2010 02:12 PM

Very pretty. I love the colors . And you should be proud of making it all your own!!

springtime 06-28-2010 02:12 PM

Wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations on a lovely ensemble! Blessings.

gail-r 06-28-2010 02:26 PM

Candi, I love it!! You did an awesome job and your quilting looks really good. I love doing straightline quiltng, I like the neat clean looks of it and usually try to incorporate it somewhere in every quilt I make. Love the diamonds in the borders, looks like you did some cross hatchng on the blocks but I couldn't see it really clear. Looks great, your seam lines look really good, colors beautifully coordinated and you "done did good" girl. I see a future recognized quilt designer in you!! YOU ROCKED IT!!

Hugs, Gail

Just for a bit of explaination, I put a piece of batting under the center of the label so it would have a bit of a trapunto look without actually doing any trapunto work.

annieshane 06-28-2010 02:26 PM

You did a fabulous job with the color combinations and the square designs. You should be very proud. Gail-R did a really great label as well.

gail-r 06-28-2010 02:29 PM

Thank you, it is always a pleasure to do labels for Candi.

CarrieAnne 06-28-2010 02:30 PM

Very pretty! Gails label is nice too!

MaMaKithkin 06-28-2010 02:33 PM

I really love this quilt.

littlehud 06-28-2010 02:44 PM

Oh my, you did a wonderful job. I love the colors and that pattern is great. You did a wonderful job. I love the quilting. Great quilt and thanks for sharing.

paintedquilt 06-28-2010 02:46 PM

Very smart looking :!: