Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Start up Haul for a New Quilter - Thanks QB!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/start-up-haul-new-quilter-thanks-qb-t184894.html)

athenagwis 04-03-2012 05:59 AM

Start up Haul for a New Quilter - Thanks QB!!

6 Attachment(s)
So as a gift recently I bought my sister a sewing machine, she is a recently out on her own without a lot of funds and I know she likes to sew, but had no machine. I used some extra spending money I had to get her the machine, but asked on the board here if anyone could help donate towards getting her started with some stuff. You can see the whole story here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...r-t183378.html

The response I got was nothing short of amazing. I was able to put together some stuff I had here and QBers donated so many great things!! I know I have a few more packages for her on the way too, which I am going to send once I gather them all, but these pics are the first box I am going to send out to her. Sorry I don't have all the QB Angels names, I put the whole envelope in the box for my sister so she could see how many quilters out there care fro her even though they have never met her. :) :) But I thank each and every single person who helped me out from the bottom of my heart, my sister will definitely be able to get a good start now!!

The first picture is a shot of everything that is going in this box for my sister.

The next three pictures are the items I had around my house. I sent her rulers, thread, needles, rotary cutter and blades, a few books, patterns, and of course fabric. :)

The Fifth picture is all the stuff that QB angels sent to me for my sister. They include, 2 whole kits (simply beautiful) a book on making log cabin quilts, a charm pack, and some lovely fabrics of course!!

The last pic is what came from one simply wonderful QBer. I do not have her name as I already packed the box up, but I will get it from my sis when she gets the box. She sent a ruler, thread, 6 or 7 magazines, and of course awesome fabrics.

A big huge thank you to all of you who sent me something for her. She will be shocked by the love from this wonderful quilting community!!

Cheers!
Rachel

valleyquiltermo 04-03-2012 06:15 AM

This is just the best place, everyone helps everyone here in one way or another.I didn't see your plea for help or I would have donnated. I am however sending a 6 yr old girl a stash of her own she has done some cute dollie quilts.

GramaLaura 04-03-2012 06:19 AM

The people here are so amazing.....one big family!!!! Your sis will have fun now :)

Grandma Bonnie 04-03-2012 08:08 AM

What a great thing the QB'ers did for you and your sister. I'm sure she will be so exicted and enjoy all the goodies!

Peggy Jeanne 04-03-2012 08:12 AM

Let us know if she is missing an item that she may really need. As always we all have lots of extras laying around.

Beate 04-03-2012 09:51 AM

I love the fabric with the colorful musical notes. Where did you get it and how can I get some? Hope it's not a LQS or I'm out of luck. Pleeeeeeease tell me, been looking for something like that for at least 5 years.

Beate

hperttula123 04-03-2012 09:56 AM

It is just amazing how everyone pitches in and helps. Such a wonderful group of quilters!!!

athenagwis 04-03-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Beate (Post 5113551)
I love the fabric with the colorful musical notes. Where did you get it and how can I get some? Hope it's not a LQS or I'm out of luck. Pleeeeeeease tell me, been looking for something like that for at least 5 years.

Beate

Oh no!! I do not know where it was bought. It came from a friend who gave it to me years ago (and she probably bought it years before that.) Sorry I couldn't be of any help!! But maybe someone has it hiding it their stash and can help you more!!

Rachel

sandybuttons 04-03-2012 03:42 PM

Friends are great :)

AuntieD 04-03-2012 04:25 PM

What a great story! Quilts are just the best!