Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   starting a new quilt cause the other is on hold...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/starting-new-quilt-cause-other-hold-t61054.html)

Kitsie 08-25-2010 11:03 AM

Oh, I love it! So cute. Anybody would be happy to have that one!

Bubblegum0077 08-25-2010 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the latest of the quilt top so far. I measured it on a long twin bed and the sides are a little short so I am planning to make the side borders 3 1/2 inches wide. I think that will help balance the top. I could possibly make two more rows and add it to each side, but I don't have enough stash to make it match.

The only two identifiable fabrics are the yellow geometric I used in two of the quadrants of each block and the green border fabric:

The yellow fabrc is from Timeless Treasures, Pattern GEO-C8524 and the green geometric fabric is also a Timeless Treasures, Pattern PCAM-C3779. I purchased both fabrics at Fabric Art Shop in Lake City, Florida.

The frog and fish fabric, flower girl blocks and the orange geometric fabric are from my stash I've gotten over time. Not sure where exactly I've seen them, sorry.

I think the black and white polka dot fabric can be gotten at JoAnns. And the Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop in Trenton FL has a bunch of frog designed fabric. They have a great selection and so does Fabric Art Shop in Lake City, FL.

I was thinking of adding this mint green print as a border of some kind. Thought it would pick up the green in the flower blocks and the sashes. Is the quilt too busy to add another print to it? I don't have many solid colors so I thought the light green would work just as well.

The backing will be some sort of print, fun and colorful too. Just haven't gotten it yet, but I know once it's finished a little girl will love to wrap herself in it.

Thank you for all your support.

My son's bed is a long twin so it won't get too much longer once the borders are added. I also fell off the chair when I took this pic but I'm ok.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104190[/ATTACH]

Sheree from Chicago 08-25-2010 03:14 PM

What an adorable quilt! Those little flower faces are too cute!

nwm50 08-25-2010 04:26 PM

gonna be a hot looking quilt when done !

IBQUILTIN 08-25-2010 05:29 PM

I love Daisies. No matter how they are put together. The colors in that quilt are perfect. Can't wait to see it finished

Karen K. 08-25-2010 06:01 PM

Who makes the flower face fabric? It sure makes the quilt "talk." Karen

Latrinka 08-25-2010 06:29 PM

this is adorable!

Cheshirecatquilter 08-25-2010 08:09 PM

Some people have amazing imagination and the chutzpah to use it. People like me keep the book publishers in business copying someone else's designs. My hat's off to you.

ladyshuffler 08-25-2010 09:57 PM

Really starting to take shape, can't wait to see this one finished.

annette1952 08-26-2010 12:07 AM

Very pretty!