Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stocking up on fabric... and a photography tip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stocking-up-fabric-photography-tip-t251537.html)

cookiemonster 08-11-2014 05:34 PM

Beautiful color selection... Like to see what the print choices will be with the plains.. On the next project.

zozee 08-11-2014 05:53 PM

Sometimes a solid is exactly what a design needs to balance all the active prints. Great picture and thanks for the photography tip.

Gannyrosie 08-11-2014 06:06 PM

Great idea. I've ordered thru the Alibaba site before and was not please with the fabrics. My daughter who also lives in Hong Kong says there are alot of shops around which are wholesale from the manufactures. But you have to watch for the quality.

sewbizgirl 08-11-2014 07:00 PM

Yummy colors!

Monale 08-11-2014 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by fivepaws (Post 6840643)
The only site I could find that seemed to apply wanted you to buy 1500 meters, more or less. Sorry, that is fine for a store but not for my poor little sewing room. Please correct me if I have found the wrong site. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Monale (Post 6837635)
I live in China, so I bought them online on Taobao which is the Chinese Ebay equivalent and part of Alibaba - the world's biggest online shopping network (bigger than Amazon and Ebay combined!). Sorry, there won't be much use in sharing the link to the shop as Taobao is Chinese only and the shops won't ship abroad...

You were looking at Alibaba? Yes, you're right, the English sites are all selling bulk for export to businesses. There's a "Chinese only" part of the network, Taobao, which is a little like Ebay where one can buy small amounts - but only within China! So as I said, this does not work for all you North Americans :( But you have plenty of internet shopping, too, that isn't easily accessible for me because of the horrendous overseas postage fees to Asia! :)

nanna-up-north 08-12-2014 03:55 AM

We are all spoiled with all the choices we have here in the US. When I visited Europe I didn't find stores that exclusively sold quilting fabrics. I'm sure there are some but my visit was limited. So, I'm pleased that you have found a source for your hobby that works for you. And your choices are lovely, I might add.

maga 08-14-2014 04:59 PM

Love the fall colors. Just a tip, I buy a lot of sheet sets from thrift shops. I look for king sets and I have never paid more then $3.00 for the whole set including pillow cases. So far all of them have been in great shape.

Leslie333 08-14-2014 06:16 PM

Love your color selections!

BETTY62 08-14-2014 06:35 PM

Beautiful colors. Happy quilting.

jeanne49 08-14-2014 06:40 PM

I don't have much in the way of solids, especially bright colors. I know there is black and navy blue but I giess my stash could use an infusion of solids.