Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Suggestions, Thoughts, Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/suggestions-thoughts-ideas-t29433.html)

Elisabrat 11-28-2009 07:59 AM

I say pick up the fushia somewhere. In small quantities it will make a punch just like yellow is rarely used in big splashes a tiny bit goes a long way. But I think it needs a wow factor somehow... even in 1/4 factor it will make things pop

Edie 11-28-2009 08:14 AM

I think that with a yellow and green bedroom, which are earthy colors, a border to match the branches that the fairies are perched upon would be a good color.

Lady, you are really good!! It is absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen Attic Window look so Attic Window. Coloring is perfect!

Be proud! Edie

Mrs. Mel 11-28-2009 08:38 AM

I think this is the nicest attic window I have ever seen. Love the fairy fabric. I think I would put a small olive green border on and bind it in the same green. It's lovely.

shaverg 11-28-2009 09:02 AM

It is beautiful as is, but if I were going to add a border, I would consider trying a dark olive green or even a brown, not anything too busy. I think it would really make the quilt pop. But it really has to be what speaks to you.

marta 11-28-2009 09:03 AM

I think it is beautiful just as it is. Sometimes I think we get too much "stuff" worked into our quilts. To me, it disturbs the beauty of the message the quilt conveys. I think to add any more would give a cluttered appearance and be distracting.
I haven't made Attic Windows just yet. I know it isn't a difficult block once you learn the technique. There are sooooooooooo many quilts I want to make, I hope God lets me live long enough to make them!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Marta( log in name)
[email protected]
Martha Tompkins

samroberts01 11-28-2009 09:28 AM

I love this Fabric, where did you find it? It is a gorgeous quilt your grandaughter will love it!

shaverg 11-28-2009 09:32 AM

I just received my Keepsake Quilting Catalog. The fairy panels were in it.

Originally Posted by samroberts01
I love this Fabric, where did you find it? It is a gorgeous quilt your grandaughter will love it!

bearisgray 11-28-2009 09:40 AM

It's lovely with just the colors you have in it - do we hear an echo in here?

In the close-up panel - the "bright" color looks like tangerine (orangy red) to me instead of fuschia - which to me is red with a hint of blue in it.

How about making a small pillow with the accent color(s) you are thinking about using and go from there?

As long as you are using the "window" theme, I think I would like to see "plain" borders that resemble window frames and sills.

sawsan 11-28-2009 09:57 AM

It doesn't need brightening up its perfect as is.I love it .
Where u get the fairies pictures?

ranger 11-28-2009 12:12 PM

It's really pretty. I like it as it is. Great job.

ranger