Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   surprise little " wallets" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/surprise-little-%22-wallets%22-t159509.html)

aneternalpoet 10-10-2011 05:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love to give gifts when I can, especially to someone who needs a boost of encouragement, or a ' thinking of you ' gift. I needed to do something for myself today, to destress a little bit from a not so pleasant afternoon with the hospital in Boise over the phone.

After I got done, and was trying to unwind from the billing office speciailist, I sat down and ended up making a few of these little wallets.. I made a small one first, that fit a tissue pack, or lipstick or whatever.. The others I made larger to hold a dollar bill ( because after talking to the billing office, a dollar is all I will have to my name, sigh ), or jewelry holders for necklaces, or bracelets when I have to go out of town.. Just thought I would show you a few of them so far...

QUILTNMO 10-10-2011 05:33 PM

they are very nice

PABerard 10-10-2011 05:34 PM

Those are so cute! And such a good idea for a de-stresser. I usually hit the desserts, but this is a MUCH better idea. Hope you get your $ problems worked out. Ugh, such a bother

Murphy 10-10-2011 05:34 PM

Very cute and very useful. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

RenaB 10-10-2011 05:38 PM

Those are too cute! Sorry you had a stressful day but what a great way to unwind!

ging10ging 10-10-2011 05:42 PM

These are very cute and such a nice idea and kind thing to do a little gift is a nice pick me up. Keep that $$ by you side. Sue

clynns 10-10-2011 05:44 PM

That's a thoughtful thing to do to pay it forward after biting someone's head off. I've had to go back in person and eat crow myself. I figure that I ruined their day the least that I could do is to apologize in person. The postmaster (yes, at our post office)thanked me for coming back. He said that you just don't find people who admit it and then apologize for doing it. He deserved better. I'm trying to show patience and understanding but it's hard. I'll say a prayer for you to find the peace to get through your troubles.

debbieumphress 10-10-2011 05:45 PM

I love to make those quick and easy gifts too. Thanks for sharing. I love them all

mrsponcho1 10-10-2011 05:49 PM

These are very pretty. I'm sorry you have had a bad day. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

aneternalpoet 10-10-2011 05:58 PM

i am doing ok, just do not like being put on hold while they hae their coffee to finish.. Just to many times in that hospital away from home, and to many different billing statements fo r them to keep track of.. Maybe they should just wipe them all away, and be done with me? think it would work? lol..

Originally Posted by clynns
That's a thoughtful thing to do to pay it forward after biting someone's head off. I've had to go back in person and eat crow myself. I figure that I ruined their day the least that I could do is to apologize in person. The postmaster (yes, at our post office)thanked me for coming back. He said that you just don't find people who admit it and then apologize for doing it. He deserved better. I'm trying to show patience and understanding but it's hard. I'll say a prayer for you to find the peace to get through your troubles.