Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   T-Shirt Rag Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/t-shirt-rag-quilt-t1659.html)

jacquemoe 08-01-2007 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter asked me to make a quilt from her Harley Davidson T-Shirts. Boy did I have a time trying to figure out how to do it since I couldn't cut the T-shirts all the same size. I started putting them together to try to make the same sized blocks but that didn't work either so, I decided to turn it into a rag quilt. She's very pleased. She sent a photo of it to a co-worker who also has many Harley shirts and wanted to know if I would make one for him. It was a challenging project but I think I succeded rather well for someone that has never had a lesson. I clipped this very, very close so the rag part is rather soft and fluffy.
Jacquemoe

Harley Davidson t-shirt/rag quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24214[/ATTACH]

annmarie 08-01-2007 08:48 PM

That is really cool. I have friends who have made Harley quilts, but your rag quilt idea is really unique. Amazing for a first timer. Tell us more about ourself & where you live.

zyxquilts 08-01-2007 09:07 PM

Fabulous Jacquemoe! It doesn't surprise me that your daughter is showing off the picture to everyone!

jacquemoe 08-01-2007 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Annmarie, I'm from Vegas. I'm retired but have been being a part time mom again for the past year and a half. He's 19 months. So much for retirement. I have made other quilts. I just never took any lessons. Had to learn most things the hard way. Simply Quilts and Quilt in a Day taught me a lot. I'd love to have a long arm machine because I love whole cloth quilts and I could stay busy for a long time with one of those.
I have lots of pets and a sick husband. I have a hard time trying to find time to work on quilts but I keep trying. I'll send a picture of my last quilt. I call it my Salsa quilt. My husband adopted it because he says it looks like the kind his grandmother used to make.
Thanks for the compliment.

Jacquemoe (Jackie)

This is a spinning jigs pattern by
four Corners Design
[ATTACH=CONFIG]631[/ATTACH]

jacquemoe 08-01-2007 09:22 PM

Thanks for the compliment. This is my first time here and I'm rather slow about what I'm doing. I'm feel like I'm joining a quilting guild. I've never had the time to do that.
Jackie

Celeste 08-01-2007 09:40 PM

Very nice! Did you put something behind the t-shirt part to keep it strong?

jacquemoe 08-01-2007 09:47 PM

I used Osnaburg for batting and for better shredding. I found some fabric with panels of cartoon like kittens and owels(cotton). Hardly a complimentary backing but the colors were perfect and my grandson loves the back. We use it to make tents for him.

Jackie

jacquemoe 08-01-2007 09:51 PM

Sorry, I answered something you didn't ask. I just fusible stablizer to keep the t-shirts stable.

Jackie

annmarie 08-02-2007 04:53 AM

Your salsa quilt is awesome too. Great colors.

live2teach 08-02-2007 05:05 PM

That is so sweet! I love both of them.