Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   teaching my sisters to quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/teaching-my-sisters-quilt-t170341.html)

Barbm 11-29-2011 07:09 PM

teaching my sisters to quilt

3 Attachment(s)
I've created a monster! In a good way, of course. My sisters Rose, Sue and I have been quilting together. Making raffle quilts and gifts for family members. I no longer get anything done, but it's OK. It has been a "healing" time for us too as our family has been fractured. Must say there have been some times I wanted to speak my mind, but the goal is to create harmony in the family. We even named ourselves the Sweet Sisters Quilters from an vintage ad for Strawberry Jam.

Here are my sister Rose's latest creations- Christmas gifts for her gs and in-laws.

Sue's quilt is the raffle quilt, drawing is Thursday night. It is Strip Twist from Quiltville.com. It is one of my favorite patterns.

We are working on 2 more quilts- 1 for each. I expect Sue's to be pretty awesome- if I must say so myself. Rose has one more kids quilt, simple but backed with fleece for fun.

I've been working on wips. Don't want to start anything new until I can get 2 or 3 done.

LindaDeeter 11-29-2011 07:14 PM

Awesome!!! What a wonderful time in your life to enjoy your sisters and share quilting! Your projects are beautiful!

Tartan 11-29-2011 07:24 PM

Other people may come and go in life but sisters are your lifelong friends. I have 3 wonderful sisters and although they don't share my quilting habit they do appreciate quilty gifts. It is great that you are sharing your quilt expertise with your sisters. I hope you have many bonding moments over your shared activities. All 3 quilts are so different but so great! I bet they reflect each sisters personality.:)

joyce888 11-29-2011 07:29 PM

WOW you guys are turning out some great quilts!

ruthie 11-29-2011 08:12 PM

Beautiful quilts. I love the angels. It's so nice that you and your sisters have this in common.

GreatStarter 11-29-2011 08:29 PM

How wonderful that you and your sisters are getting together to quilt! The quilts are all very pretty.

Kat

jhoward 11-29-2011 08:35 PM

Quilting is good therapy. Enjoy your time together.

sharon b 11-29-2011 08:39 PM

I just got my sister "addicted" to quilting this year and we are having a blast - even my mom and my BF are quilting now ! Just think of the memories and stories to tell :thumbup:

The quilts are awesome :)

spartan quilter 11-29-2011 08:40 PM

You have put some beautiful quilts together, especially the angel quilt. I envy you, because I do share the love of quilting with a sister and sister-in-law, but they both live 350 miles away and so we don't get together to quilt. Lucky for them, they only live 30 miles apart and one of them has a long arm, so they get together quite often. We do a lot of emailing ideas and pictures back and forth.

owlvamp 11-29-2011 08:44 PM

Beautiful quilts. I love the angels and monkey quilt. Enjoy each other for as long as you can. Think of the memories you are creating and more memories yet to come.