Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Thank you so much (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/thank-you-so-much-t80086.html)

Lucy90 12-04-2010 05:53 AM

I lost my husband of 44 years this July. I didn't feel like doing anything but would get on the computer and read all the great ideas and other peoples sadness and happiness, it made me realize start quilting. It has helped a lot and the quilting board has been a place to go and feel good. I go to a LQS to sew and started doing that to get out and everyone is so nice and it makes me continue to enjoy quilting and people. Sitting at home and doing nothing is not healthy. There is so much to be thankful for son, daughter,brothers, mom and great friends. This board has gotten me through some bad days and then it gives me a laugh and too many ideas for quilts. Thanks to everyone for just being a great group of people. It just feels like one big family even if we don't know each other - we do through quilting. God Bless

reach for the stars 2 12-04-2010 06:02 AM

You are a special person and always remember God is always with you as well as those we lost. There are always angels among us. May the Lord bless you and keep you and your family in his care, especially at this hard time of year. Hugs Catherine

Deecee 12-04-2010 06:10 AM

What a wonderful gesture of friendship and compassion from Mousie and all those involved in the making of this quilt.

Gwyn, I hope it brings you comfort whenever you need that little bit of love and warmth that friendships give.

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt moment with us.

Gwyn 12-04-2010 07:37 AM

[quote=mortinarose]I lost my husband of 44 years this July.

There have been so many who have lost spouses and parents this year. For some it was expected or at least anticipated, for others it was a surprise. I don't think it is easy even if you know it is coming.

I'm glad you have a great place to go and sew. I'm really stuck at home because I can't drive. My children are willing to take me, but most of the time they are working or going to school. We don't have public transportation so I am home.

mimisharon 12-04-2010 09:51 AM

You can always 'get away' here, though. It's nice to read the posts from all over the world and try to picture yourself there. I've derived much comfort in the loss of my husband of 24 years June first of '09 here. I've made it through the first holidays and now some of the second holidays by spending a lot more time here. Quilting truly made me whole again. I don't often feel like driving into town to the LQS but coming here makes me feel that we do have kindred spirits and loads of company!

Gwyn 12-04-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
You can always 'get away' here, though. It's nice to read the posts from all over the world and try to picture yourself there. I've derived much comfort in the loss of my husband of 24 years June first of '09 here. I've made it through the first holidays and now some of the second holidays by spending a lot more time here. Quilting truly made me whole again. I don't often feel like driving into town to the LQS but coming here makes me feel that we do have kindred spirits and loads of company!

I totally agree. I accidently said something to a dear friend the other day and really hurt her. I've tried to let her knowhow much she means to me and how sorry I am, but not matter what I do or say, I just keep digging a bigger hole. I hope someday she will forgive me my insensitivity. Today I am wrapped up in my warm hug and trying to collect myself. I wish I had someone to talk too.

wildyard 12-04-2010 02:34 PM

I totally agree. I accidently said something to a dear friend the other day and really hurt her. I've tried to let her knowhow much she means to me and how sorry I am, but not matter what I do or say, I just keep digging a bigger hole. I hope someday she will forgive me my insensitivity. Today I am wrapped up in my warm hug and trying to collect myself. I wish I had someone to talk too.[/quote]

Sometimes we need a little time to realize that friendships are more important than temporarily hurt feelings, and that a sincere apology when offered is not something to take lightly. I have been in both positions, and have had to decide that sometimes we can just never understand another person's position when it is so contrary to ours, but we can still continue to be friends. My friend and I are never going to see each other's point of view on this one issue, so we just agree to disagree on it. And not to discuss it. LOL. I accept that she is going to be one way about it, and she must accept that I am going to be the opposite. Yet in all other things we enjoy one another's company and have fun when we are together.
I hope you and your friend can come to an understanding too, and soon, as it is hard to know that you have inadvertantly put this issue between you. Especially at this joyous time of year. Holding you and your friend in my heart for a rapid resolution to your misunderstanding. Hugggggggggggggs.

All Thumbs 12-04-2010 03:58 PM

Gwyn, you have my deepest condolences and I appreciate your wonderful ability to express yourself within our English language. And when it comes to this Board---well, what can I say? I have witnesseth love and compassion from all to everyone.

AmyS 12-05-2010 05:09 PM

That is adorable.. love it... Nice to know there are still great people in the world!

mimiof3 12-05-2010 06:06 PM

Gwyn - My deepest sympathy to you and your family for your loss. I am fairly new here but this posting has brought tears to my eyes - and has showed so much love, friendship and compassion towards one another. What a wonderful group this is and what a caring, giving, wonderful gift from Moussie and all those who took part. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt moment. God Bless you.