Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Thoughts on Baby quilt please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/thoughts-baby-quilt-please-t124406.html)

pal 05-21-2011 08:45 PM

hi taiboo, thanks for the information. I downloaded
the "Patchwork Bouquet" and am going to follow your lead with the little animal prints. Thanks so much. pal

roxie623 05-21-2011 10:13 PM

I think the length looks okay. Do what you think is best and remember they do grow up.

roxie623 05-21-2011 10:13 PM

I think the length looks okay. Do what you think is best and remember they do grow up.

Kitsapquilter 05-21-2011 10:33 PM

I would not shorten it. Those babies don't stay babies very long you know! It will be perfect as he grows and he really will get much more use from it!
It is a very cute quilt!

taiboo 05-22-2011 04:33 AM

Aweseome, can't wait to see Pics when your done :-)

Originally Posted by pal
hi taiboo, thanks for the information. I downloaded
the "Patchwork Bouquet" and am going to follow your lead with the little animal prints. Thanks so much. pal

rona thickpenny 05-22-2011 10:22 PM

babies are`nt tiny for long ,it will be used for a greater length of time the size it is me thinks.

Annya 05-23-2011 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
It is now 51x63....I would remove an entire row of 12 inch squares, so it would be close to 51x51 (give or take)

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Cute!

What size is it right now? If you take off a row, approx what size would it be. It is really hard to judge the size by the picture. ;)

I always make big quilts so that the child can have it on their big child bed and will be alright until they are in their teens.

roadrunr 05-24-2011 05:19 AM

It does look kind of long, but i would leave it just the way it is. I like the material that you used, they will love the quilt and so will the little boy when he gets older and having it longer will mean that he will be able to use it longer.

bisseau 05-24-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Either size will work but if you keep it 50x60 the child can use it as a toddler quilt on a toddler bed and later as a lap quilt. I personally would keep the row. If you want it more as a play mat I would take the row off. The pattern looks like it would lend itself well for a toddler quilt too.

Originally Posted by taiboo
It is now 51x63....I would remove an entire row of 12 inch squares, so it would be close to 51x51 (give or take)

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Cute!

What size is it right now? If you take off a row, approx what size would it be. It is really hard to judge the size by the picture. ;)

I agree...they do grow..it may be the little ones favorite and it can be used for years

zz-pd 05-28-2011 11:48 PM

I love it the way it is, babies grow fast, and they love to wrap themselves up in a quilt made with love.
GOD bless.