Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Top you've seen, but now it's finished! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/top-youve-seen-but-now-its-finished-t88769.html)

barnbum 01-08-2011 04:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Mark (hubby) claimed this one, so decisions were made with him in mind. The quilter and I chose "swirling leaves" for the quilting pattern and a dark gray thread. I thought a scrap binding was appropriate. :-D After years of not wanting his own quilt, hubby now has three. ;)

Back--not quite the right color, but you may have seen this fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156171[/ATTACH]

Light coming through the window makes the coloring at the middle and top about right.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156174[/ATTACH]

Color is perfect here. Quilting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156176[/ATTACH]

Quilting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156177[/ATTACH]

Maribeth 01-08-2011 04:07 PM

That is just a wonderful quilt. Your points are so sharp.

btw, Is that a free pattern? I thought I remembered you writing about looking for this pattern from a picture, but maybe I am wrong.

charmpacksplus 01-08-2011 04:07 PM

Hubby has a very nice quilt!

tealfalcon 01-08-2011 04:19 PM

wow that is lovely. and the quilting design on it is just perfect

craftybear 01-08-2011 04:23 PM

thanks for sharing with us, love the quilt

barnbum 01-08-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Maribeth
That is just a wonderful quilt. Your points are so sharp.

btw, Is that a free pattern? I thought I remembered you writing about looking for this pattern from a picture, but maybe I am wrong.

Weeelll, not all the points are so sharp. :roll: This one gave me some trouble. I showed the trouble spots in the post when I showed the top, but I didn't dwell on that again. It looks good from a distance, eh? :wink:

Good memory!! I was looking for the pattern. I'd fallen in love with it from a quilt show. I finally found it in a book of blocks I have. I don't remember it now...I could look it up. I think this block has several names.

Jim's Gem 01-08-2011 04:34 PM

Beautiful quilt Karla!!!!

Is this pattern sometimes called North Wind or something like that!

fidgety 01-08-2011 04:41 PM

VERY PRETTY!!!!

barnbum 01-08-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Beautiful quilt Karla!!!!

Is this pattern sometimes called North Wind or something like that!

I looked through my topics and found where I posted that info. Here you go:

"I looked for it with no luck, then created it on EQ6 (haven't learned my 7 yet!) THEN found it in Marsha McCloskey's Block Party--a great book (I bought last year with a gift card from a student ). It's called Woodland Path. My poor book is permanently opened to the page from being folded back--I had to look closely at the pattern for the first 20 blocks before I could do it on my own. "

redquilter 01-08-2011 05:14 PM

That's really very, very pretty. Nice colors choices.