Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Totally out of my element... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/totally-out-my-element-t262903.html)

VickiM 03-20-2015 06:58 PM

Totally out of my element...

5 Attachment(s)
but Hubby asked if I could make it. A friend of his enlarged a patch that they wear, so I could use it for applique. I did raw-edged applique with satin stitch, even the writing. The center exactly matches that patch. I was so lucky that my stash is what it is! Did the whole quilt (64x64)from stash...couldn't believe it. But hubby said he could!:D Anyway, the center turned out to be 24 1/2". I decided to go back to the medallion thread we did last year with Elizabrat & Jaba. I had never done a medallion quilt until I did that one with them. It was perfect for doing this quilt. So I did entertwined row, friendship stars, & again entertwined row. It's to be a raffle quilt for our reunion in June. I started working on it 3/1. Used Judy's mysterytrain #9 to use as my L/E (I always make another quilt as a L/E & so usually make 2 quilts at once--it's just the way I work.) I actually also made a scrap 2 1/2" strip flannel quilt along with these (no pic) and it will be donated to the pregnancy center next month. So, I was able to get 3 quilts done in 21 days (tops only)...guess you know where I've been for the last 3 weeks! Sewing room is a disaster area...but what's new? :D Now to get them quilted...I have a month's worth of tops that must get quilted next month...these 2, 2 for my granddaughter's graduation in June (mysterytrain #3 & HER UFO which she won't be able to finish--it was started when I taught her to sew when she was 10, now she's 18. It's foundation pieced blocks, I will finish it the "fun & done" way), and a wedding throw for a friend's son & wife. It's a scrappy front, but will have subtle wedding fabrics pieced for the back...they are renovating an old house...making something beautiful from scraps; hence the scrappy quilt. Anyway, thanks for looking..........

CurliQ 03-20-2015 07:05 PM

They look amazing. Love the medallion. You did a fantastic job.

GingerK 03-20-2015 07:06 PM

Gee Honey, what have you been doing in your spare time!!! Wow!! These tops are fantastic and I think you have done a wonderful job on every single one of them. Sure hope the DH has been vacuuming and making the meals for you!

Sewfine 03-20-2015 07:20 PM

All are beautiful, but I really love the medallion quilt.

Tartan 03-20-2015 07:24 PM

Fantastic medallion quilt top! You have been busy!

Jeanne S 03-20-2015 07:24 PM

Wonderful quilts!!!!! You have been busy!!!!!

QM 03-20-2015 08:44 PM

You have really been productive. that medallion is wonderful!!

MarshaEIEIO 03-20-2015 08:49 PM

Vicki, I love everyone of these ! Great job !

Bluebonnets 03-20-2015 08:54 PM

Beautiful tops!! All of them!!

kele 03-20-2015 10:43 PM

Your quilts are wonderful!