Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tote for Alyssa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tote-alyssa-t26108.html)

mamatobugboo 09-27-2009 08:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My girlfriends' and I go to brunch once every 3 or 4 weeks and have been for about a year. When we first started, we thought we would try a different place each time, until we tried 3 Squares, a new place in my town. Well, after we had Alyssa as our waitress, we've been back each time for the past 12 months - always in her section!

She is a great girl - mid- 20s probably, fun, spunky, cute....she knows us, remembers our stories, has met our kids, even reserves our table for us because she remembers when we are to come in.

Well, her last day was on Friday (she's moving back to Seattle) and we came (to a reserved table, of course!) to have our last brunch with her. We decided to give her a gift so I made her a tote using that ultra firm fusible stuff and fabric I had in my stash, plus doubled ribbon for the handle. We filled it with goodies - I with candy, gum and a few magazines for the road trip, stationary from one of us and 3 square (for the 3 Squares restaurant) candle holders from the other one of us.

She cried and had to walk around the restaurant showing it to everyone! It was wonderful. We will miss her TERRIBLY and pray that she will remember us as we will remember her!

inside pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49183[/ATTACH]

paintedquilt 09-27-2009 08:37 AM

What a beautiful tote! That's probably the best tip she ever got!

sewnsewer2 09-27-2009 08:52 AM

Oh how sweet. I'm sure you made her feel more appreciated than any other customer ever had!

That was so thoughtful of ya'll.

Esqmommy 09-27-2009 08:56 AM

Wow, nice story and GREAT tote!! I love your fabric choices!!!!!!

alaskasunshine 09-27-2009 09:00 AM

How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I just told my boss the other day that people just aren't thankful enough. Thanks so much for sharing your sweet and inspiring story. I love that you guys were so kind to her. You never know how that gesture of endearing kindness will effect a person down the road!
My heart is warmed by your story!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

crkathleen 09-27-2009 09:22 AM

How sweet and such a beautiful tote!

STAR 09-27-2009 09:48 AM

That was so nice of you! glad you were sble to have such great service for a year, that is so hard to find now!! and anyone would love to get that bag for a gift it is gorgeous

mountain-moma 09-27-2009 10:19 AM

Wow such a sweet thing to do for someone you just don't find people like you guys anymore she will forever remember this day and the bag she will always think of you all every time she carry's it Thanks for being such nice folks.I'm teary eyed up now

mrsj82 09-27-2009 10:48 AM

How sweet and wonderful! I'm sure that's the best tip she's ever gotten! :D :D :D :D :D

Mousie 09-27-2009 12:17 PM

as a tote bag lover myself...awwww!
I use to waitress too, and some days, it's ppl like you and your friends, that make up, for...the others.
What a wonderful gift to remember you all by. :D