Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Trash to Treasures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/trash-treasures-t31216.html)

Margie 12-10-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
The neck tie quilt is an inspiration to me. A couple of years ago my DH's cousin gave me a plastic tote full of ties her mother (who had gone to Heaven)had saved up to make purses. It also had a partially finished purse and a pattern. But I heard about making quilts out of them, and now I may follow your lead. It's not high on my list of things to do, though, and the box sits behind my work table out of sight....and out of mind for now.

Purses made from ties....I dont think I ever heard of that....hmm I bet that would be beautiful!!

Margie

Feathers 12-10-2009 11:49 AM

I'm thrilled with all the new ideas for recycling already used and loved clothing pieces that no longer fit or are stylish...love the jeans Christmas socks. Bet they'd be great for the Socks for Soldiers program for next year. Thank you one and all for sharing your great ideas.

Darlene 12-10-2009 12:10 PM

Wow what great ideas and so clever. I love all of them

Mousie 12-10-2009 12:37 PM

I am so in awe of your greenery! I love to recycle.
I used to have a whole bunch of used jeans but they were taking up space and I didn't know what I was going to do with them, so I cut off all the seams and made rags for my DH.
I guess they were recycled...they were his, but now, I will make some grocery bags and maybe a small purse for my tote and such.
How creative! Thank you for showing these pics and for all the ideas. Jean-green bags, how neat! :-D

Ellen 1 12-10-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
I also recyle neck ties. This quilt has 215 different ties in it. I can't decide how to quilt it. Suggestions are welcomed.

Curious to the size of the tie quilt. I have 226 ties but haven't even thought about about a quilt yet, because I didn't think I had enough yet.

Ellen 1 12-10-2009 03:25 PM

I also recyle neck ties. This quilt has 215 different ties in it. I can't decide how to quilt it. Suggestions are welcomed.

Curious to the size of the tie quilt. I have 226 ties but haven't even thought about about a quilt yet, because I didn't think I had enough ties yet.

Olivia's Grammy 12-10-2009 03:32 PM

I think I used 215 different ties for the quilt. It's 90x90. Even the white is silk. It was a bed sheet.

Ellen 1 12-10-2009 03:33 PM

I think I used 215 different ties for the quilt. It's 90x90. Even the white is silk. It was a bed sheet.

Thanks! Very nice!!

earthwalker 12-10-2009 03:37 PM

I love your work and your ethic! The silk tie quilt is gorgeous and the denim pieces and the waistcoat are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing the pics. all very inspirational.

mommabogue 12-10-2009 03:41 PM

These are all really nice and soooo clever. Great way to recycle, save money and give gifts or have "new" things for yourself. Thanks so much for sharing the ideas!