Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Trip to Barcelona & Sitges Quilting show MORE PICS PG. 7 & 9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/trip-barcelona-sitges-quilting-show-more-pics-pg-7-9-a-t108958.html)

Butterflyspain 03-21-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Absolutely fabulous to see the cultural differences displayed in the quilts. I was especially interested in the thread painting with the bolts, the stamps and the tea bags as I have been using tea bags in a lot of the work that I am doing at the moment. Thank you very much for posting them.

Just for your interest, I donīt think you can see clearly in the picture but the tea bags were dyed with different colours of tea, I wish I could remember the name of the leaf she used, its a white almost opal affect petal from a flower that dries that way. it will come back to me LOL probably in the middle of the night

Is it the silver seed pod from 'Honesty' Lunaria, is it's Latin name Elle!

Yes you clever thing you. Its honesty that was shown on the tea bag wall hanging.
Thanks Izy Elle

Izy 03-21-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Absolutely fabulous to see the cultural differences displayed in the quilts. I was especially interested in the thread painting with the bolts, the stamps and the tea bags as I have been using tea bags in a lot of the work that I am doing at the moment. Thank you very much for posting them.

Just for your interest, I donīt think you can see clearly in the picture but the tea bags were dyed with different colours of tea, I wish I could remember the name of the leaf she used, its a white almost opal affect petal from a flower that dries that way. it will come back to me LOL probably in the middle of the night

Is it the silver seed pod from 'Honesty' Lunaria, is it's Latin name Elle!

Yes you clever thing you. Its honesty that was shown on the tea bag wall hanging.
Thanks Izy Elle

Fond memories of my Granny and this flower Elle, we used to gather them in the hedgerows and peel the outer cases off to reveal the silver disc

:-D

Gabbystabber 03-22-2011 07:20 PM

Wow! I got to go to a quilt show in Spain and did not have to leave my house. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures.
Donna

pennyswings1 03-23-2011 04:14 PM

I meant to tell you all the artist from Michigan... Lenore Crawford has a site and you can buy her patterns for 9$.

Here is the site:

http://www.lenorecrawford.com

Elle

OMG Elle I went to her site and her work is spectacular!!! She is a real artist. Thank you for sharing her site.

golfer 03-23-2011 05:41 PM

That was very kind of you to share all those pictures. It is always interesting to see quilts from other countries and their visions of quilting. At the bottom of your pictures you had the date 2/1/2025. Did you not change it to 2011?

Butterflyspain 03-23-2011 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by golfer
That was very kind of you to share all those pictures. It is always interesting to see quilts from other countries and their visions of quilting. At the bottom of your pictures you had the date 2/1/2025. Did you not change it to 2011?

No didnīt have time, batteries gave out and I was too anxious to get photos to bother about the date. So you got them in the future LOL

Elle

MamaBear61 03-26-2011 08:14 AM

Wow, what a display, thankyou for sharing with us.

gramma mo 04-07-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by neeng
Wow! So many of them are quite different from what we see here...it's nice to see the variety and the cultural differences. I was going to tell you which I liked best but can't decide.

Thank you so much for sharing!

And I love the quote on your signature.

Ditto!

KLO 04-17-2011 04:11 PM

I also want to send you my thanks for taking the time to post all of these photos. They are definitely inspiring. I am going to look into that MistyFuse that Lenore Crawford uses. It sounds better than the fusible I have been using. Again, thanks for your generosity in posting. (Spain sounds wonderful!)

Butterflyspain 04-17-2011 10:34 PM

Your very welcome glad you enjoyed them