Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly..(Instructions at post #332) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/true-scrappy-jacobs-ladder-all-done-well-nearly-instructions-post-332-a-t152842.html)

Izy 09-15-2011 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Oh my! That is gorgeous! Absolutly stunning ! Wish I had the pattern directions....someday I will have all the scraps!

Thanks Oldswimmer!

If you look closely at the pattern, you will see it purely consists of 4 patches made from 2" squares and HST's made from 4" squares, trimmed back to 3.5" after stitching and cutting apart to form two identical HST's. These are laid out in a 9 patch formation with 3 - 4 patches running diagonally through the middle then the HST's with the dark side touching the 4 patches and the two opposite corners with the dark side turned out which form a diamond when four blocks are laid together! No pattern, just play! Here's a picture of someblocks just lay out when I was 'playing' in the beginning!

:-D

Izy 09-15-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Izy, its fabulous! I just love the scrappies when you use the light to tie them together. Again...I bow to you, my dear!

Thanks Patti!

Lovely to hear from you, sorry I haven't kept in touch, I do have a nosey at your's and Elle's applique topic, stunning work going on there!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 09-15-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by GramaLaura
I LOVE IT!!! Great colors in your stash!! :-D

I have collected all sorts of scraps over the last twelve months! A lot are from recycled cotton clothing from charity shops! I am a thrifty quilter as times are hard for most these days.

Thank you!!

:-D

Izy 09-15-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
I love every bit of this quilt! Great job! I see even more scrappies in your future.

I think you are right! Thanks
:D :D :D

GrannyFitz4 09-15-2011 07:52 AM

I love your choice of colors.

Izy 09-15-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sneed
Love it! Very pretty work that you can be proud of. All of those scraps...have any more, or did you clean yourself out?

Thanks! Well I have a few more squares already cut, but to be honest as most of my stash is fat quarters or less I am tempted to cut it all up LOL

:-D :-D :-D

Highmtn 09-15-2011 07:54 AM

OH MY LAND.. I think this could be the most HAPPY scrappy EVER! YOU MUST HAVE THE PATIENCE OF JOBE! It's just a "dance of color"!

Izy 09-15-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
This is one of my favorite patterns, but to do it in scrappy?! WOW! I totally love scrappy quilts and, to me, what you have done by using this pattern is so beautiful. I am so impressed. I love it. And, your quilting choice is great, too. Thank you so much for showing us your great quilt.

!

WOW such a compliment!

I am so touched by the generous and complimentary comments you have all posted, bless you all, it cheers my very soul to come on and read so many lovely messages

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

franair 09-15-2011 07:56 AM

Hi I love the scrappy look.. it is beautiful

Cabinkate 09-15-2011 07:57 AM

I too love your quilt!!! I would love to have the pattern and the INSTRUCTIONS. Or tell me where to go to find them.