Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Tummy Time Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tummy-time-quilts-t225450.html)

thebossbab 07-11-2013 08:20 PM

What a beautiful baby....I mean quilts! LOL! Your quilts are very pretty and so is your grandbaby!

kittiebug 07-12-2013 12:19 AM

Love little babies , what a cutie . your quilts to... :thumbup:

Annie68 07-12-2013 10:38 AM

Awwwwww, those are just adorable. Look at that precious baby!!

Sandrea 07-12-2013 12:58 PM

barnbum.....after you sewed the 4 blocks together, where did you cut them??? Your D4P quilt intriques me. It is so outstanding and I love your colors. Sandrea

barnbum 07-12-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sandrea (Post 6173821)
barnbum.....after you sewed the 4 blocks together, where did you cut them??? Your D4P quilt intriques me. It is so outstanding and I love your colors. Sandrea

You need to place the 4 patch on a small mat so you are able to turn in. Then cut it from top to bottom 1" away from the center seam on all four sides. Then take the middle two rectangles on each side and turn them the other way so the colors are facing the opposite direction. Then sew it all back together! I had to make many before I stopped thinking I had it wrong. Print the photo of mine to follow once you sew them together. If it doesn't look right--turn the rows around and it'll work.

Taughtby Grandma 07-12-2013 06:14 PM

Love the quilts and the baby!

LJDay 07-12-2013 08:00 PM

Well the quilts are quite lovely, but the baby...? Oh My!! What a doll baby!! The one of her sleeping is precious!!!

Sandrea 07-14-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum (Post 6174017)
You need to place the 4 patch on a small mat so you are able to turn in. Then cut it from top to bottom 1" away from the center seam on all four sides. Then take the middle two rectangles on each side and turn them the other way so the colors are facing the opposite direction. Then sew it all back together! I had to make many before I stopped thinking I had it wrong. Print the photo of mine to follow once you sew them together. If it doesn't look right--turn the rows around and it'll work.

Thank you barnbum. I will give it a try. Reading your instruction, I was having a hard time visualizing it in my head but I think once I sew the 4 blocks together and follow your instr. as I go, (hands-on from that step), I think it will clear it up in my mind. I will also refer to your quilt. Thank you so much for the info. I just fell in love with your quilt. Sandrea

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 07-19-2013 03:09 AM

What wonderful ideas for the quilts, and the baby is just precious!!!

juneeloonee 07-27-2013 02:35 AM

Love your quilts! But that little beauty!!?!!! Gorgeous - have fun! Aren't grand kids a joy? The old saying, "if I'd known that they would be so much fun, I would have had them first!"