Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   TUTORIAL Faux Chenille Purse (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tutorial-faux-chenille-purse-t7602.html)

Butterflyspain 05-30-2008 12:10 AM

Hi there, Well to answer your questions Calico is a type of fabric, usually a cream colour and a bit stiffer than fabric, it is used to help make the purses firmer.

Your cut only the top 3 layers so that you have a fabric that will tone and show through your cut work.

Hope that helps

Janstar 05-30-2008 07:16 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. All the purses are so pretty. A group of us made Chenille vests one time and it was so interesting how different they all were. One gal used gold lame, it was real flashy and dressy. I used animal print flannel, that turned out very cool too. I would post a pic but have been trying to and it won't work. Yes, Iv'e been following the directions. ???????????

Debra Mc 06-09-2008 05:30 AM

Your totes are really nice. I spent the money for a Olfa chenille cutter and I was disappointed with it. I tried it on regular fabric and flannel. It cost nearly $30.00 so I'm glad I had a coupon to use also. Wish I had known about the scissors, that does make a lot of sense. Had a nice day. Deb

CRH 06-09-2008 06:03 AM

After cutting chenille several different ways, the only way I will do it now is with an electric scissors - fast and easy and no hand pain !! :)

Skeat 06-10-2008 12:06 PM

What a great thing you have done for all of us here!! That is so cute!! We just did room rugs doing the same technique...but, I'd rather have this cute purse!!:))I love the look when the fabric gets used a bit too...great job!! You did good girl!! Skeat

Skeat 06-10-2008 12:07 PM

Great idea for cutting too!! They have a little tool that slides under the layers that you just pull across. Used for this technique...but, leave it to a smart quilter...they always come up w/other great ideas!! Electric scissors!! Skeat

Butterflyspain 06-10-2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Skeat
What a great thing you have done for all of us here!! That is so cute!! We just did room rugs doing the same technique...but, I'd rather have this cute purse!!:))I love the look when the fabric gets used a bit too...great job!! You did good girl!! Skeat

Thanks Skeet, it was my pleasure and the first Tute I have ever done and really enjoyed it. Room rugs sound really good though, never thought of that, See we get so many good ideas on this board. Love it :D :D :D

Izy 06-10-2008 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Thanks Skeet, it was my pleasure and the first Tute I have ever done and really enjoyed it. Room rugs sound really good though, never thought of that, See we get so many good ideas on this board. Love it :D :D :D

Elle I think I have a pattern for bathroom mats which gives a similar look, but uses a different technique I will find it and post it here if you would like it!!

Butterflyspain 06-10-2008 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle I think I have a pattern for bathroom mats which gives a similar look, but uses a different technique I will find it and post it here if you would like it!!

OOh yes please. that would be good. Thanks Izy....

Izy 06-10-2008 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I will try to find it now.....errrmmm now where is it amongst the thousands of patterns tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!