Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two Christmas quilts.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-christmas-quilts-t32391.html)

aliaslaceygreen 12-26-2009 04:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the two quilts that I made and (mostly) finished for Christmas this year!
The T-shirt quilt needs to have one binding unsewn and redone and then needs tying, but as I was giving to my DH, I was able to let it slide.

The other, Wacky Winter Fences, was for my SIL....

Wacky Winter Fence
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58877[/ATTACH]

I asked my DH to show the back....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58878[/ATTACH]

Timmy's T-shirt Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58879[/ATTACH]

borntoquilt 12-26-2009 04:59 PM

WOW! great quilts. I did however, LOVE the back.... hubby has a great sense of humor.

SulaBug 12-26-2009 05:00 PM

Your quilts are darling!! :thumbup: What a great job you have done putting them together. I am sure they will be very much appreciated!! Thank you for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

pal 12-26-2009 05:02 PM

Love the tee shirt quilt. Did you do patchwork and then applique the t's on? Also, did you use a stabilizer?
That really came out great! My wonderful son asked me to make him one, and I'm really hesitant to start because I don't know how to do it.

b.zang 12-26-2009 05:04 PM

Nice quilts. Those T-shirts are really something!

Thanks for sharing the back. My DH had to come see what I was laughing so hard at. He's happy to have company as a quilt-holder.

aliaslaceygreen 12-26-2009 05:12 PM

Thanks!
You know, I read all different directions and looked at all different pictures, then I simply went to town.
I cut out the fronts, then stabilized with woven fusible stabilizer, and then trimmed them into nice rectangles.

The pieces of Tshirt were all so varied in width, so I laid them out on the floor, in columns, till I got a pleasant design.
Making all left edges align, I found the largest width block, and then chose a cotton novelty print to 'fill in' the width of the narrower blocks (note the flames, or batman)
After that, it was a simple assembly by column and then all columns together to make the whole!

Not daunting at all, once I thought it through...

Busy Bee 12-26-2009 05:59 PM

I love the wacky winter fences. Gives me lots of ideas.

pal 12-26-2009 06:00 PM

Thank you, Laceygreen. I think I'm almost ready to try.

aliaslaceygreen 12-26-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Busy Bee
I love the wacky winter fences. Gives me lots of ideas.

Coolness!!
It was an act of desperation. I realized I needed a quilt for Christmas, to keep family harmony (last year I drew my other SIL's name and gave her a quilt that was almost finished already)

I literally didn't even IRON the fabrics first. I just unfolded to two layers and sliced, somewhere between 1.5 and 4 inch pieces off, not even making the slices even from top to bottom. Then I pieced them, cut into 8.5 inch squares and assembled. (I DID Iron at some point, lol)

sewsue 12-26-2009 09:24 PM

This is interesting quilts esp the t shirt one.