Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Two Fabric Bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/two-fabric-bargello-t262909.html)

WTxRed 03-21-2015 03:38 AM

Two Fabric Bargello

3 Attachment(s)
Pattern name is 'Two Fabric Bargello' by Susie Weaver. Susie will sell the pattern to you - there is a quilt shop that has some kits available. I picked out of my stash for this.
I used a different fabric for the border but the bargello is two :)
This is a super fun quilt to make and depending on your main focus fabric - the bargello effect can be subtle or significant!
I did some serious feathers for the quilting on it -
Thanks so much for looking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514302[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514303[/ATTACH]

and part of the back... (Different fabric, same collection). this was one of the biggest inspirations for the quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514304[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 03-21-2015 03:43 AM

you did a greeat job. but i don't understand how it is just two fabrics... are they ombres?

WTxRed 03-21-2015 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7135145)
you did a greeat job. but i don't understand how it is just two fabrics... are they ombres?

Yes ma'am - ombre's or gradients. Susie recommends ombre's I believe. I didn't have any in my stash so I used what I had to try the technique. This was my starting fabric -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514307[/ATTACH]

I think the kits that one can get are all ombre's.

GingerK 03-21-2015 04:58 AM

Thanks for explaining the 2 fabric idea. I was also wondering. This looks really interesting.

Sharonquilts 03-21-2015 05:13 AM

Now that is an interesting idea. I just spent most of this week trying to find 20 different fabrics to do my first Bargello (Surf Song). Geez that was tedious. I found most at 1 store and then went to 6 other stores to find the rest (and went to 2 of those stores 2 or 3 times!). Someone also posted a bargello this week in purples or lavenders that only used a few colors. It was gorgeous!

btiny36 03-21-2015 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by WTxRed (Post 7135137)
Pattern name is 'Two Fabric Bargello' by Susie Weaver. Susie will sell the pattern to you - there is a quilt shop that has some kits available. I picked out of my stash for this.
I used a different fabric for the border but the bargello is two :)
This is a super fun quilt to make and depending on your main focus fabric - the bargello effect can be subtle or significant!

I did some serious feathers for the quilting on it -
Thanks so much for looking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514302[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514303[/ATTACH]

and part of the back... (Different fabric, same collection). this was one of the biggest inspirations for the quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514304[/ATTACH]

Love it. I think while I was in Arizona 2 years ago I bought a kit will have to look lol. Great job!!!! I think the kit I bought was the red with the focus fabric being black.

Diane007 03-21-2015 05:27 AM

love the look..
very nice and thanks for the info

BeckySt 03-21-2015 06:19 AM

I love your quilt. I have an ombré fabric but before I order pattern I want to make sure I have enough fabric for this quilt. Could you please tell me how many yards of ombré it takes? Thank you

Homespun 03-21-2015 06:37 AM

Your work is gorgeous.

lynnie 03-21-2015 10:44 AM

very pretty, the quilting is amazing on it also