Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   UFO getting somewhere.... Finally... Ooops Stalled again! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ufo-getting-somewhere-finally-ooops-stalled-again-t158307.html)

CloverPatch 10-05-2011 06:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I started this around March this year.
Now, I usually am obsessive and finish no matter what and in a short period of time.
I got the nine apple center done and drew a blank on what to do with the rest of it.
Got a bright idea! worked on it last week. Added blocks all around. Now Im stuck again.
It is not turning out the way i want.
When I made the first "log-cabin" block it was pure just for looks experiment, I liked it so I made 24 more to go all the way around. Not once did I stop and bother to run the math to see how big I needed these log-cabins! or how many I needed! idiot.
so they didn't fit. Not about to take them all apart and redo so I made it work. Added some fabric. so now the blocks do not "frame" the apples
Found more dumb dumb faults. Like the fact that those are NOT log cabins!!! Got the bright idea to make the sewing go quicker and sew two sides at the same time.
Really hate this quilt right now. It is NOT long enough or wide enough to be a queen, which is what I want it to be. right now it is roughly 89X84. Doesn't look right, screwed up a basic LOG Cabin! and don't know what I want to make it wider and longer and still look good.
My only thought is to add the apple print all around.

full quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266919[/ATTACH]

center apples Each one has a differnt worm, cept the center that is "perfect"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266920[/ATTACH]

don't you love my "log cabin"?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266921[/ATTACH]

my favorite block. Whats worse than a worm in your apple? Half a worm!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266922[/ATTACH]

GwynR 10-05-2011 06:53 PM

I like it! It would look good with the apple print all the way around and then a green binding!

Tartan 10-05-2011 06:58 PM

The apple print would be fine and yes, I like your log cabins! It would also look nice with a green leaf print border.

dublb 10-05-2011 07:05 PM

I like your log cabins. No right way or wrong way. This is a design change. The apples are so cute.
Maybe you could put a red then green border then the apple print?
This is going to be lovely!

Kim T 10-05-2011 07:27 PM

looks good to me

blueangel 10-05-2011 08:39 PM

Looks good

nlgh 10-05-2011 08:41 PM

I love your apples. All the above ideas sound like they would be pretty. I might add a row of log cabin blocks on each side so that they is a green "star" and instead of a solid white center, make it the apple print or the green leaf print as suggested above. Then, depending on how much you need to lengthen it, so the same or just add borders that go with the quilt in general.

Jim 10-05-2011 10:56 PM

I like it....all except the half eaten worm....LOL... GAG...too funny...think we probably have all done that without knowing it

QM 10-05-2011 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by GwynR
I like it! It would look good with the apple print all the way around and then a green binding!

Yes! If you don't like your log cabins, maybe some of them need worms or apple leaves too. Personally, I thinks they're OK.

greensleeves 10-06-2011 12:01 AM

You've designed a new type of log cabin, unique and very nice in my opinion. I think you have a good plan for finishing.