Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Unanchored threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/unanchored-threads-t312735.html)

MicheleC 10-09-2020 08:33 AM

Your quilt is a beauty! I read the other thread you posted and it makes me sad that this happened. It seems inexcusable to me.

newbee3 10-09-2020 11:00 AM

when I do quilting I try to start and stop off the quilt. If I run out of thread I take back a few stitches to get the bobbin thread pull up and tie the two threads and cut off.

SusieQOH 10-09-2020 11:56 AM

That's a beauty!! Really sorry about the problems you had with the longarmer.

luvstoquilt 10-10-2020 04:55 AM

I am so sorry for you. That is a beautiful quilt. I would never use her services again and I would warn my quilting friends. I had one ruined a few years ago..won’t go there again..

rryder 10-10-2020 06:30 AM

Beautiful quilt. Sorry you have to deal with fixing the long armer's unanchored quilting lines. She should give you a refund.

Rob

PaperPrincess 10-13-2020 02:47 PM

Beautiful quilt.
So sorry to hear about the unsecured stitches... not very professional. Sounds like tying them off will be a nice fall-weather project.

newbee3 10-19-2020 09:46 AM

Just a quick thought was your quilt sewn correctly? Sometimes it could be the fabric or the batting combination. If there was a problem the longarmer should have broutht it to your attention. I know we expect the quilting to be perfect every time but it happens . I don't recommend warning others about her quilting

Teen 10-19-2020 06:58 PM

It’s a gorgeous quilt despite the quilting mishaps...

WMUTeach 10-20-2020 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by YC Quilter (Post 8423539)
This is the quilt that the longarm quilter left so many un anchored starts and stops. Luckily I think that if I undo some of the stitches at each problem spot (>60) the quilting will still look ok to the untrained eye😏

That is a shame. If you paid for this piece to be quilted, you did not get good service or your money's worth. I would consider taking it back and having the long arm quilter make it right to your sanctification. Using that person to work on my quilt again would be up for some serious consideration.

bkay 10-20-2020 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 8426072)
Just a quick thought was your quilt sewn correctly? Sometimes it could be the fabric or the batting combination. If there was a problem the longarmer should have broutht it to your attention. I know we expect the quilting to be perfect every time but it happens . I don't recommend warning others about her quilting

Why not? The longarmer was flippant about the poor quality and did nothing to rectify the situation, which means she will continue to do the same thing. I would make sure everyone knew, so it didn't happen to them.

Had she tried to fix the problem, I would agree with you. But, she didn't.

bkay