Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Update on Kawasaki green quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/update-kawasaki-green-quilt-t68003.html)

auntbarb 10-03-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I love the cats

:D

rootyr 10-03-2010 07:21 AM

Perfect!

AlienQuilter 10-03-2010 09:25 AM

Love the cats! It's a charming quilt.

I really like your idea of buying some green fleece for a border on the back and bring it around to the front. You could always use a decorative stitch to sew it down with. There are several methods for reducing the bulk in the corners. Several forum members have given suggestions.

Gramyx7 10-03-2010 10:16 AM

I like the dots and the cats....

grann of 6 10-03-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
Love the cats! It's a charming quilt.

I really like your idea of buying some green fleece for a border on the back and bring it around to the front. You could always use a decorative stitch to sew it down with. There are several methods for reducing the bulk in the corners. Several forum members have given suggestions.

I will miter the corners and topstitch it down, maybe with a fancy stitch.

Barb in Louisiana 10-03-2010 11:25 AM

I love the cats. They are playful, fun, & make me think of being younger & loving life. The stripe is a bit more calm. What is your DGD like? Playful or quiet?

Beffy_Boo 10-03-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by sumcoop
I don't like the dots...like the stripes and cats

Okay, the dots are gone. Should I just do the stripes as a border with no sashing? I saw her room and she has pink, green, & white stripe curtains, similar to the stripe. She is a cat lover; hence the cat fleece. I thought it would also help cut the shock of the green walls.

I like the stripes as a border with no sashing. LOVE the cat print.

grann of 6 10-03-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Beffy_Boo

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by sumcoop
I don't like the dots...like the stripes and cats

Okay, the dots are gone. Should I just do the stripes as a border with no sashing? I saw her room and she has pink, green, & white stripe curtains, similar to the stripe. She is a cat lover; hence the cat fleece. I thought it would also help cut the shock of the green walls.

I like the stripes as a border with no sashing. LOVE the cat print.

To answer a couple questions. She loves cats, and green and pink. She is rather quiet and serious; very sensitive. So I think using the stripe as a border with no sashing will work fine. I plan to go to Joann's tomorrow for the green fleece. I have to pick up some stuff I ordered for my embroidery machine. One of the things I got is a quilt design set. I plan to use it on the quilt. My goal is to finish it this week. The sewing room is pretty much back in order from my "flood" so I ought to be able to just zoom along. Oh, and one thing I would love to be able to find is some pink & green variegated thread for the quilting.

Jim's Gem 10-03-2010 02:22 PM

I like the stripe. Have you considered using the fuchsia dots for the binding? I love a contrasting binding, and you will see it on the back too.

CarrieAnne 10-03-2010 02:25 PM

Love the cats!