Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Update on my Uneven Log Cabin Quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/update-my-uneven-log-cabin-quilt-t93372.html)

k3n 01-24-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi Izy, this is looking good - those colours are really kind of Deco. I like it a LOT. :-D

Hey K3n, nice to hear from you! Jan chose the colours and she was born in the 30's so deco is very fitting! I am not keen on these colours but it's growing on me with the applique! Just noseying at your OBW sew along, looking great!

Ta mate! Wasn't it funny so many of us having the same fabric? :-D

KrystelsQuilts 01-24-2011 04:08 AM

Oh that center if perfect. I really like this :) WTG

barnbum 01-24-2011 04:08 AM

That is beautiful! Love your center--and colors. The pattern around the center is perfect!

I love log cabins and have tweaked a few too...so I was studying yours... it is rectangular? And the two centers are both darks?? I've never seen that! Neat! Wait--I see one that's a light and a dark? I can't wait to see this one finished!! :-D

Izy 01-24-2011 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi Izy, this is looking good - those colours are really kind of Deco. I like it a LOT. :-D

Hey K3n, nice to hear from you! Jan chose the colours and she was born in the 30's so deco is very fitting! I am not keen on these colours but it's growing on me with the applique! Just noseying at your OBW sew along, looking great!

Ta mate! Wasn't it funny so many of us having the same fabric? :-D

Unbelievable! Will try and pop in often to keep an eye on everyone's progress, fascinating!!

sewcrafty 01-24-2011 04:12 AM

Great job!!!

Izy 01-24-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
That is beautiful! Love your center--and colors. The pattern around the center is perfect!

I love log cabins and have tweaked a few too...so I was studying yours... it is rectangular? And the two centers are both darks?? I've never seen that! Neat! Wait--I see one that's a light and a dark? I can't wait to see this one finished!! :-D

Barnbum, YOUR floral uneven was my inspiration!! The blocks are 8.5" square unfinished, I think it is just the angle of the camera...BUT now you can have a play with rectangles to see how they turn out and show me!!

Thanks for your compliments!

mirabelle 01-24-2011 04:13 AM

Wow that applique certainly makes the quilt jaw dropping gorgeous, well done :thumbup:

GrannyW5 01-24-2011 04:13 AM

Wow!! It is stunning. I really like your colors.

KathyKat 01-24-2011 04:18 AM

Beautiful! What a great idea!

Izy 01-24-2011 04:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GrannyW5
Wow!! It is stunning. I really like your colors.

Thanks! A lot of the fabrics are scraps, but Terri sent over a lot of the greens/browns to help out, didn't she do well. I try NOT to coordinate while selecting a fabric each section of the block, just choosing randomly from the pile of strips I cut!!

Here's the first block and the pile of strips I just hack off a bit for each section as I go!